Public Health Officer - Beirut
If interested, kindly submit: (1) Updated CV, (2) Cover Letter, (3) Three professional supervisory references to [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The email subject line MUST include the following: Public Health Officer - Beirut.
The Project related deliverables:
- Supervise the day-to-day implementation and follow up on the Primary Health Care Centers’ (PHCC) vaccination and outreach activities
- Follow up with the Primary Health Care Centres’ focal points on the implementation of outreach activities, data entry, vaccination events following the Standards of Practice of MoPH and UNICEF.
- Monitor the reporting on vaccination services and data collection from outreach activities
- Supervise the Community Health Workers’ (CHWs) Supervisor in the implementation of outreach activities at the level of PHCCs and accurate database collection and cleaning
- Plan and provide the necessary trainings to the PHCC staff, CHWs and CHW Supervisor, in collaboration with the Health Program Coordinator
- Ensure the preparation and collection of monthly databases, timesheets, receipts and payments from and to PHCCs.
- Ensure the collection of all Means of Verifications for trainings and activities.
- Support the Health Program Coordinator in completing the project’s reporting documents, attending staff meetings and communicating with stakeholders.
- Support the PHCCs’ focal points and staff in identifying immunization defaulters, following vaccination and Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) protocols, optimizing data entry and planning outreach activities in the PHCC’s catchment area.
- Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
- Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure all people who come into contact with Relief International are as safe as possible.
Equity and Diversity commitment
- Demonstrate sensitivity and understanding of systemic diversity and cultural differences.
- Ensure that gender equity is addressed in our staffing and programming
Staff Care (for Directors/Managers/Coordinator/Supervisors)
- Review Staff Care issues with the direct reports on a regular basis; continuously monitor individual staff members’ capacity for self-care; and take adequate actions to ensure that staff well-being measures are in place and in alignment with the RI’s policies. Ensure adequate attendance and participation in all Staff Care trainings as requested by the Organization and Country office.
Direct reporting, dotted line work coordination and external coordination
- The Job Holder reports directly to the Health Program Coordinator ;
- Under the supervision of the Health Program Coordinator, the Job Holder should coordinate closely with RI’s program staff members to ensure that tasks are being implemented in alignment with the needed work plans and deliverables.
The Job Holder will be working from RI’s office in Beqaa or BML or North with frequent travel to PHCCs in the implementation area. Frequent travel to other field offices in Lebanon, implementation areas (across Lebanon) will be required on an “as-needed” basis.