Public Health Officer
To be considered for this recruitment, salary history, and 3 professional supervisory references (whom we may contact after interview) with the date of availability to [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The email subject line MUST include the following to be considered: “Public Health Officer- Beirut".
Essential Functions and Areas of Accountability:
- The job holder should provide the needed assistance regarding the development of the monthly schedule for the field visits; the job holder should ensure timely implementation of the field visits in alignment with the work plan
- The job holder should be willing to conduct field visits to different areas when needed and requested by the Program Coordinator this is considered as an integral part of the job description.
- Provide the needed support and assistance for the health staff located at RI’s supported PHCCs in order to deliver quality health services which are in alignment with the programmatic plans and deliverables;
- Ensure the availability of all supplies and equipment needed for the health facilities, report concerns to Program Coordinator, and monitor the pharmaceuticals/vaccines/Reproductive Health /acute and chronic medicines requests to prevent any shortages in supplies;
- Assist in the development of an improvement plan for the supported health facilities to improve the quality of services provided and follow up on the implementation plan accordingly;
- The job holder should ensure that any gaps, delays and concerns regarding implementation are directly reported to the Program Coordinator in order to identify corrective actions accordingly;
- Conduct awareness raising sessions or one-to-one educational presentations at the health facilities based on the beneficiaries needs. In addition, the job holder should assist Program Coordinator in conduction the needed trainings for RI health team;
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism while working or coordinating with beneficiaries, their family members, any internal or external party; any incident or work-related conflict should be immediately reported to the Program Manager. The Job holder should avoid going into any work-related communication which might jeopardize the relationship of RI with any party;
- The job holder should demonstrate a high level of cultural sensitivity, professionalism, politeness and objectivity when dealing with the beneficiaries under all circumstances;
- Responsible for assisting the health facility staff in the development of the weekly & monthly reporting; in addition to collecting and compiling the weekly & monthly reports and submission to Program Coordinator on a timely manner;
The job holder must ensure that the reports are developed in an effective and efficient manner while emphasizing quality and accuracy at all times
- Closely monitor the epidemiological situation in the catchment area of RI’s supported health facilities with the aim of timely responding to all health related emergencies, including controlling the prevention and spread of communicable diseases in the targeted areas and strengthening the awareness raising activities in host communities .
- Actively participate and support the campaigns launched by the sector or the ministry;
- Actively participate in coordination meetings when requested by the Program Coordinator.
- The job holder should have a proper documentation mechanism regarding the referrals and provide the needed updates in a well-organized manner;
- Actively participate in weekly staff meetings and submit reports on time