To be considered for this recruitment, salary history, and 3 professional supervisory references (whom we may contact after interview) with the date of availability to [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The email subject line MUST include the following to be considered: “Finance Coordinator- Beirut".
Essential Functions & Areas of Accountabilities
- Financial review and verification of purchase requests (PRs), requisition forms (RFs) and payment requests to ensure compliance with RI policies and procedures and project budgets; this will included signing for those within the threshold per the country-level Authorization Matrix.
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly RFF requests for funds. Follow up to ensure cash is sent to the country office from Global Support Office (GSO) in accordance to the RFF is required. The Finance Coordinator must monitor the amount of cash in country and alert Country Finance Manager in case of foreseen cash shortage that could negatively impact project implementation or smooth country operations before it is too late.
- Develop budget projection/spend-down plan to execute expenses within the budget spending for each project in coordination with the Country Finance Manager, and shared with the Country Director on a monthly basis and/or more frequently as requested.
- Maintain field accruals, commitments and update field expenditures on the monthly basis. The Finance Coordinator will assist in the monthly Spend-Down Plan meetings with each Program Manager for each project in coordination with the Country Finance Manager on a monthly basis.
- Assist the Country Finance Manager in updating regularly the Country Master Budget.
- Assist country management team, including Program Managers, Operations Manager and HR Manager in solution-oriented approaches towards meeting program and operational support needs, while remaining within budget and donor compliance limitations.
- Ensure that financial transactions are classified, recorded and summarized properly.
- Review detailed BVAs released from GSO on a monthly basis to check for adjustments that may need to take place in coordination with Country Finance Manager as necessary.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of the month-end accounting close process. Works closely with Finance team to finalize.
- Verifying payroll packages on a monthly basis.
- Ensure compliance with RI Procurement, Field Accounting, Donor and Audit requirements and procedures.
- Responsible of the verification of sub grantees financial reports and follow up on sub-grant compliance issues, maintain sub-grant financial files and reconcile with sub-grant financial tracking to general ledger reports.
- Responsible of conducting regular financial spot-checks to RI partners.
- Support in preparation of donor first draft financial reports for donors where financial reporting originates from the field.
- Monitor expenditures per project and follows up closely to ensure documenting and spending project as per budget.
- Ensure compliance with government requirements related to taxes and other financial matters, minimizing risk to RI country office for any penalties or non-compliance with the government. And lead in the preparation and execution of the monthly NSSF declaration and payments, Quarterly salary tax declaration and payments and others.
- Support and respond to internal and external audits: RI, GOL (annual required by MOF), and donor-initiated with the support of the Country Finance Manager.
- Ensure preparation of Field Office Financial documents for external and internal audits.
- Oversee the filing system and ensure that all transactions supported with adequate support documents, scanned and uploads on RI server on a daily basis, ensuring that by the end of each month the uploads are fully up-to-date as per RI policy
- Perform other duties as needed.
Team Management and Employee Supervision:
- With support from the Country Finance Manager, ensure the high-quality management of Officer and Assistant level staff within the Finance Department, focusing on: employee relations; task delegation with timely follow-up/feedback provided; teamwork and collaboration; completion of performance evaluations; and leaves’ management among others.
- Provide guidance to staff collectively and individually as appropriate on all issues related to their roles.
- Contribute to developing the capacities of Officer and Assistant level staff within the Finance Department to increase their inputs through additional tasks that include but are not limited to: assistance with Month-End Reporting (Netsuite data entry), reconciliation and cross-checking sub partner documentation.