Field Medical Coordinator - Bekaa
If interested, kindly submit: (1) Updated CV, (2) Cover Letter, (3) Three professional supervisory references to [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The email subject line MUST include the following: Field Medical Coordinator - Bekaa
- Ensure implementation of a basic package of primary health care components at the supported PHC facilities; guided by the policy and guidelines of the MoPH. Areas of concern include reproductive health, child health and integrated management of childhood illnesses, nutrition, communicable disease control and management of non-communicable diseases,
- Approve the requests for diagnostic tests ordered by the PHC facility physicians and monitor rational diagnostic tests prescription, according to MOPH guidelines.
- Engage directly with physicians at PHCCs, review MOPH/WHO clinical guidelines and protocols and discuss patient treatment plans where needed.
- Interpret technical and operational guidelines to the PHCC staff and support them in applying these guidelines to specific circumstances within the assigned area.
- Work closely with the field team (public health officers) and Monitoring and Evaluation team to analyse morbidities, service utilization, and care seeking behaviours.
- Monitor in coordination with the health team early warning systems for outbreaks and investigate emergence of communicable diseases.
- Monitor closely with RI pharmacist medication prescriptions ordered by the PHCC physicians; the job holder should always encourage the rational use of medications and ensure that an effective and efficient medical service is being provided;
- Draft the monthly schedule for PHCC field visits in coordination with the Public Health Officer. In coordination with Program Coordinator, the job holder should ensure timely implementation of the field visits in alignment with the work plan, assist in regularly updating the work plan.
- Provide clinical and technical mentoring and supervision for RI’s supported PHCCs in Bekaa while supervising physicians and nurse practitioners in the centers.
- Closely monitor the epidemiological situation in the area with the aim of timely responding to all health related emergencies in the catchment areas of RI’s supported PHCCs, including controlling the prevention and spread of communicable diseases in the targeted areas;
- Support RI’s Operations team with the technical aspect of procurement for medical supplies, equipment and consumables.
- Perform regular visits to supported facilities according to a schedule developed in collaboration with health team.
- Monitor , in coordination with RI quality officer and public health officers, the quality of services at health facilities and identify gaps and problems according to MoPH standards
- Monitor the completeness and quality of documentation in medical record and HIS and support health care providers on quality documentation.
- In collaboration with the facility staff and RI health and quality team, identify goals and develop action plan for the clinic.
- Track the performance of health facilities towards meeting a set of clinical quality improvement indicators.
- Provide feedback on and input into RI’s medical SOP’s, diagnostics guidelines and quality improvement activities and reporting tools.
- The job holder should demonstrate a high level of cultural sensitivity, professionalism, politeness and objectivity when dealing with the beneficiaries and staff at the PHCCs under all circumstances. The Job holder should avoid going into any work-related communication which might jeopardize the relationship of RI with any party;
- Actively participate and support the campaigns launched by the sector and MOPH;
- Actively participate in coordination meetings when requested by the Program Coordinator;
- Actively Participate in weekly staff meetings and submit reports on time;
- Assist Program Coordinator in conducting training for RI team, health facility staff and the Community Health Workers (CHWs).