Deputy Country Director - Programs
To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a cover letter, resume, salary history, 3 professional supervisory references (whom we may contact after a second interview) with the date of availability to [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The email subject line MUST include the following: “Deputy Country Director - Programs”
Essential Functions & Areas of Accountabilities
Program Management Oversight:
- Focus on program quality assurance by overseeing and guiding the MEAL Team, Program Managers and Technical Advisors, utilizing innovative approaches and technical support as appropriate and feasible.
- Ensure effective and agile program contingency plans are always up to date and evolving as needed
- Ensure that program activities comply with all donors’ regulations, Lebanese legislation and professional standards
- Ensure high quality drafting and timely submission of all reports required by the donor(s).
- Ensure satisfactory management of project budgets for projects within Lebanon’s portfolio.
This will require close coordination with Finance Manager, Program Director and Grants Manager.
- Oversee development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and tools to support implementation and monitoring of the programs.
- Ensure the high quality start-up and closeout of all projects within the RI-Lebanon portfolio.
- Lead on development of RI Lebanon’s program strategy, including reviewing and adapting as necessary depending on the changes.
- Develop new programmatic initiatives to support the strategic direction of RI in Lebanon
- Develop long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program
- Provide overall guidance and direction focusing the program team on achieving agreed targets and long-term strategic objectives;
- Stay updated regarding developments/changes to the operational environment nationally and in the locations and sectors where RI operates – including, but not limited to political developments, major/relevant security developments/incidents, key programming initiatives by other stakeholders.
- Identify and evaluate the risks and possible threats associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks, communicating and collaborating regularly with the CD, Operations Manager and Security Manager
- Act as Emergency Focal Point (EFP) for Lebanon Country Office in link with RI Humanitarian Department (Emergency alerts, Emergency Preparedness and Response Plans, Emergency Sitrep)
- Proactively ensure RI’s reputation as a key actor implementing programming inside Lebanon by consistently representing RI and participating in networking opportunities.
- Ensure coordination with/active engagement in relevant sector working groups, and bi-laterally with other implementing agencies as appropriate.
- Prepare for and ensure to the extent possible the positive outcome of meetings with senior-level external actors including national and local authorities , donors, U.N. agencies, coordination fora, private sector
- Work closely with Country Director to identify potential donors for funding projects in Lebanon, including participating in donor meetings and other forms of direct donor engagement.
- Oversee conducting assessments to inform program development initiatives for programming in Lebanon.
- Identify new partners and other key stakeholders to work with for new projects and to expand/ deepen RI-Lebanon’s portfolio.
- Lead on designing new programs which are supported by data and strong information well-coordinated with other actors in cooperation with the Country Director and any other relevant program teams.
Team Management and Employee Supervision:
- Ensure effective management of the Program, MEAL and Grants team leading by example, supporting them in their efforts to direct the implementation of programs in coordination with other departments.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, orientation and training of key project/ program staff, and other staff
- In collaboration with the HR team, develop an adapted and focused capacity building plan for staff when relevant
- Ensure timely and quality staff performance management of directly managed staff, making sure all program team follows best practices in this regard
- Ensure proper communication within the program team, making sure that the strategy, decisions and future endeavors are shared in a transparent manner
- In collaboration with the HR team, help address disciplinary, conflict and abuse issues within the program team
- In accordance with RI’s HR policy and in-line with RI’s staff care efforts, maintain a healthy work environment, with reasonable workloads and proper leaves. Work with CD and HR manager to assess and prevent risks of excessive stress and burnout in the workplace