RDPP Reporting and Communications Specialist
Those qualified and interested are invited to send a CV and a one-page motivation letter explaining why their skills and experience are a good match for the position to [email protected]. Please include in the subject of the email your name and “Communications and Reporting Specialist”. The CV should not be longer than 3 pages and must be in English.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for personal interviews and a written test.
The deadline for applications is 6th December 2020 at 23.59 Beirut time.
- Introduction and Background:
The Regional Development and Protection Programme (RDPP) is a European initiative with the objective to support Jordan, Lebanon and Iraq to better understand and mitigate the impact of forced displacement of Syrian refugees. The RDPP aims at supporting displacement affected communities to access their rights, be safe, and participate in development through evidence-based, innovative, locally founded interventions and, once possibilities arise, be supported to avail themselves of a durable solution. The programme focusses in the areas of livelihoods, protection, research and advocacy, with a focus on localization of aid. The programme works though more than 20 partnerships with government institutions, civil society, NGOs, and UN agencies.
The RDPP is supported by a platform of donors; the Czech Republic, Denmark, European Commission (European Trust Fund for the Syria Crisis – the ‘Madad Fund’), Ireland and Switzerland. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark manages the programme through the Programme Management Unit with offices in Beirut and Amman.
The employer will be Embassy of Denmark to Lebanon.
- The position
- Title: Reporting and Communications Specialist
- Place of Service: Beirut, Lebanon with frequent travels to Jordan and Northern Iraq
- Duration: until end December 2021 with the possibility to extend should programme be extended
- Reporting to Programme Manager in Beirut
- Terms of employment: Full time
- Area of responsibility / tasks
The RDPP is looking for an experienced and motivated team member to lead the reporting and communication tasks of the programme. S/He will be part of a lean management team under the supervision of the Programme Manager and working closely with the team members across the two offices in Beirut and Amman.
The Reporting and Communication Specialist will be responsible to compile annual progress reporting to the donors contributing to the RDPP as well as contribute to quarterly and ad hoc progress updates as necessary and requested. Further, the Specialist will lead strategic communications for the RDPP and producing key communications products for external use. The Specialist will also support partner organisations to develop their communications and visibility plans, including communication with communities, support quality assurance and compliance with RDPP branding.
The post requires frequent travel to Jordan and Northern Iraq.
The main areas of responsibility and tasks will be:
- Lead on drafting the narrative annual donor reporting in coordination with relevant input from other team members
- Lead and contribute to other progress updates, including the Quarterly Information Notes, and presentations to Steering Committee meetings, as relevant and necessary
- Where necessary, support partners in enhancing their reporting skills (with focus on national partners) and provide input to the Partnership and Localisation Specialist
- Stay abreast of main development and humanitarian context development, including desk reviews of new reports and literature relevant for the strategic areas of the RDPP and for reporting
- Together with the RDPP team, identify innovative elements in partner projects and collect information for dissemination or publication
STRATEGIC PROGRAMME COMMUNICATIONS AND VISIBILITY
- Lead the implementation of the communications strategy for the RDPP using a range of communications mechanisms and tools to enhance understanding of programme among partners, donors, host governments, beneficiaries and host communities
- Implement activities in the three programme countries, regionally and, when appropriate, internationally to enhance the visibility of the RDPP and the support by the contributing donors
- Source information and content for use in communications products, including testimonies and stories of change, from partners through field visits and regular communication
- Develop products for use in RDPP events and advocacy initiatives including supporting layout and simple graphic design of communications products
- Act as focal point and liaison for press and journalists for visiting donors, high-level RDPP events or similar activities
- Liaise closely the RDPP Programme Coordinator on press releases, official communication and RDPP branding
- Maintain and update the RDPP website and social media accounts
SUPPORT TO RDPP PARTNERS ON COMMUNICATIONS, COMMUNICATION WITH COMMUNITIES
- Support partners in developing their project communication and visibility strategy and implementation plan, ensuring two-way communication with communities and stakeholders
- Ensure compliance of partners with the RDPP communication strategy and branding, including on communication products and press engagements
- Monitoring media on RDPP supported partnerships
- Profile / required qualifications
The ideal candidate will be strongly motivated with initiative and willingness to contribute to an innovative programme as the RDPP. S/he will have significant experience in leading reporting on large-scale programmes for donors, preferably from humanitarian settings and/or EU funded programmes. S/he will also have experience with strategic communications and visibility and excellent written communications skills in English.
- University degree in social sciences, journalism, communications/media studies or other related discipline. A post-graduate qualification will be positively considered.
Work experience required
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in reporting, communications, advocacy and/or media relations or journalism.
- Extensive experience of leading on drafting and compiling reporting for donors in English for a large scale programme for UN, donor agency, NGOs, preferably from EU funded programmes or projects
- Proven experience of developing and implementing communications plans and products for an international organisation or local NGO
- Field experience in humanitarian or development assistance is an asset, as is knowledge of protection and livelihoods programming, including communication with communities
- Knowledge and experience in forced displacement-related programmes will be an asset.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Preference for fluent Arabic (written and spoken)
Skills and competences
- Excellent communicator with strong written and reporting skills, especially written
- Initiative and motivation to work independently and develop solutions to problems. Highly flexible in style with the ability to produce creative and pragmatic solutions to complex problems
- Strong analytical skills and a good networker
- Be a team player with willingness to work in a regional position with frequent travels and colleagues across several project offices.
- Strong planning and organizational capabilities and good analytical skills
- A flair for IT is preferred, especially related to publishing and graphic design software
Please note that the final appointment is conditional upon obtaining the required security clearance. The candidate must be able to work legally in Lebanon.