Communication and Design Manager
Interested candidates with the required competencies and experience are requested to send an updated CV & cover letter to [email protected] by September 30,2021, with the relevant subject line: Communication and Design Manager.
In the cover letter, applicants are encouraged to elaborate on their motivation and experience, and their earliest start date.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Degree in graphic design or other fields of communication
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the field of communication; ideally with a focus on research based social campaigning
- Portfolio / samples of previous work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Skillful in the Arabic and English language
- Knowledge of Arabic typography and typing
- Ease at operating the following softwares: all Adobe softwares - Autocad and Premiere are a plus
- Research skills
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media and managing online content. Knowledge in web development is a plus.
- Able to manage content and conceptualize a wide range of communication outputs
- Imaginative and strategic
- Contextual and experimental in representations and (visual/textual) communications
- Interested in systems of representation: mapping, coding, iconography
- Very good organizational and time management skills, proactive
- Interest and knowledge in campaigning and advocating for social issues
- Lead on setting visual languages and directions (thinking of tone, target audience, public opinion, etc..) for research based communiqué;
- Develop different means of articulation, visualization and dissemination for research based content, based on Public Work’s research themes.
- Lead on developing media types for Public Work’s Magazine and managing content accordingly;
- Coordinate the production of a diverse range of audio visual material in collaboration with the directors and head of departments;
- Develop short and long term communication and advocacy campaigns (both online and offline) based on research outputs;
- Draft communication material for daily social media posts, mapping content, periodical newsletters, and other outputs;
- Organize media outreach (lists, briefings, interviews) as well as develop outreach activities.
- Attend weekly meetings and lead on media strategy;
- Remain updated on all Public Work’s projects and liase with head of departments;
- Manage graphic designers and video makers;
- Overview all Public Work’s online channels, including websites and social media;
- Maintain and develop an archive for media outputs;
- Develop indicators to measure impact of Public Work’s communications and campaigning.