Finance Operations Assistant
Finance Operations Assistant
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term
JOB FAMILY: Finance
ONE OXFAM GRADE: E1 ZONE:
BUSINESS SUPPORT TEAM
TEAM: Finance Team
SALARY: As per scale
HOURS: 40 (FTE)
‘We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.
TEAM PURPOSE: To provide effective financial management within Lebanon country programme, implementation and maintenance of Oxfam’s and donor’s financial procedures.
JOB PURPOSE: Management of the day-to-day financial matters and operational services, including maintaining an accurate financial records and reports for Lebanon Programme as per Oxfam’s standard procedures and systems, for timely delivery of key support activities and services to the programme.
JOB REPORTS TO
Finance Operations Officer
ROLES REPORTING TO THIS JOB
No Budget Responsibility
<key stakeholders, partnerships and interdependencies, matrix relationships. Clarify which are internal and external.>
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (Technical, Leadership, People and Resource management)
1. Operational and Financial Management for the Lebanon Country program
- Responsible for the office cash (safe) according to Oxfam procedures.
- Preparing payment vouchers, receipts, etc. according to Oxfam rules and regulations, in addition seek appropriate authorization and making sure all transactions have the supporting documents and approvals.
- Clearing staff floats and checking supporting documents and help staff in liquidating their floats.
- Ensure that original invoices, receipts or contracts matches Oxfam/Back donor’s requirements, and securely kept in the office.
- Supporting documents shall be organized in soft (on BOX) and had copies (in the office) making sure that all documents are properly filed on time (scanning documents are required).
- Process floats and petty cash. Handling the account registers.
- Prepare cheques, transfers and bank notes and get the needed for signatures in accordance with the updated bank mandate along with its supporting documentation.
- Following up daily on the online banking system, checking on daily basis the bank balances.
- Maintaining the cash and bank books on daily basis. Making sure that all transactions are appropriately recorded using relevant budget codes and ensuring an accurate reconciliation.
- Scanning and filing payments related to certain donors.
- Provide relevant documents that might be required by Auditors (soft or hard copies).
- Ensure that goods are ordered in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Ensure that proper documentation is kept for returns and that credit notes are obtained.
- Ensure that payments are correctly authorised.
- Check supplier’s statements and deal with queries.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available for cash needs.
- To prepare the Cash Flow on a weekly basis to share it with Operational Finance Officer.
- Visits to Zahle Office and Tripoli and support team requirements (If needed).
- Review, audit, and process all the payments assuring it includes all the supporting documents: invoice, receipts, proof of payment, procurement documents, and or contract, etc...
- Prepare purchase invoice after receiving the supporting documents from the logistics department
- Coordinate with staff in providing the support and necessary information regarding the submitted payments and inform them when they are finalized and released from our side accordingly.
- Organize, document, and archive all programme relevant documents, keep files complete and up to date.
- Establish PR/PI tracker, follow up with the staff to update the status of each payment accordingly.
- Any other tasks by the line manager.
2. Operational Support
- Provide support and advice for Oxfam GB staff if needed.
- To ensure payments and financial transactions are in line and comply with Oxfam’s policies, local regulations, and country authorization limits.
CORE DIMENSIONS (see Standard Role Profiles)
- Handling queries (general) - wide-ranging internal and external, including detailed information.
- Supervision of day-to-day processing of transactions and provision of support as and when required.
- Manages own time to achieve own and departmental objectives.
- To choose/recommend the best solution for matters under consideration, sometimes with upward referral.
- Communicates widely within the department, with some frequent Oxfam GB contacts and/or wider external contacts.
- Contributes to the development of improvements to the department's services, procedures and systems.
Most importantly, every individual in Oxfam needs to be able to:
- Live our values of INCLUSION, ACCOUNTABILITY, EMPOWERMENT, COURAGE, SOLIDARITY and EQUALITY (read more about these here)
- Ensure you commit to our ORGANIZATIONAL ATTRIBUTES (including adhering to the Code of Conduct):
1. Be committed to our feminist principles, and to applying them in your day-to-day behaviour and your work. Be ready to keep learning, with accountability to those who experience oppression as a result of their identities, such as their gender, race/ethnicity, disability, class, or LGBTQIA identity."
2. Be committed to undertaking Oxfam’s safeguarding training and adhering to relevant policies, to ensure all people who come into Oxfam are as safe as possible.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES
- Mutual accountability
- University degree in a finance related subject or professional accountancy qualification.
- Significant experience in finance, audit and accounting with national or international NGO of similar size
- Relevant experience in using financial/accounting software packages and use of other IT software, such as Microsoft applications.
- Good communication skills – verbal and written Arabic and English.
- Ability to train and coach others.
- Good team player and builder.
- Proactive in anticipating problems and promoting the function.
- Ability to deal with people at different levels of seniority, partners and staff in country office and Regional Centre/Headquarters to ensure compliance with Oxfam GB policies and procedures.
- Attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and can meet deadlines and to think and plan.
- Recommends and implements improvements, Influences ways of working
- Ability to manage time effectively and deliver results
- Commitment to Oxfam overall aims and objectives including gender equity and equal opportunity in all areas of Oxfam work.
- Willingness and ability to travel within country and the region when needed.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment and numerous, conflicting job requirements
- Attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and be able to meet deadlines and to think and plan.
- Manages resources and deadlines with minimum supervision
SAFER RECRUITMENT: Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. Offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.