Wastewater Treatment Testing
Terms of Reference for supplier to conduct
Oxfam Lebanon Programme
Oxfam is a global movement of people, working together to end the injustice of poverty. Oxfam has been working in Lebanon since 1993. We provide humanitarian assistance to vulnerable people affected by conflict, and we promote economic justice and good governance, and women’s rights. Oxfam also works with local partners to contribute to the protection and empowerment of marginalized women and men.
In responding to the Syrian Refugee Crisis, Oxfam addresses the emergency water needs through WaSH service provision to populations residing in informal settlements; and to those of the Lebanese host communities through efforts to improve water infrastructure and management systems.
Oxfam’s response includes water trucking services, water tank distributions, and water quality monitoring; provision of family latrines with gender-sensitive considerations and for persons with special needs, construction of grey water systems, and latrine desludging services; in addition to raising awareness around public health issues in local partners.
The project aims to conduct a wastewater quality tests from wastewater treatment units constructed in the informal settlements located in Bouday 008 and 036 in North Bekaa to assess the wastewater treatment effectiveness of the installed systems.
Content of Works:
- Six samples in total should be collected for testing. The laboratory will be responsible for collection, transporting and testing 6 samples.
- The laboratory team should collect samples from three locations in the wastewater treatment unit.
- Label the samples as per location.
- The onsite test shall cover the following parameters:
- Ambient Temperature
- Sample Temperature
- DO – Dissolved Oxygen
- Transport all the samples from the sites (Bouday 008 & Bouday 036) to the laboratory, the samples shall be placed inside a cooling box with ice packs (cool and dark place). The samples should be submitted to the laboratory on the same day of sampling.
- The laboratory test shall cover the following parameters:
- BOD5 - Biological Oxygen Demand
- COD - Chemical Oxygen Demand
- TSS - Total Suspended Solids
- TP – Total Phosphorus
- Total and Faecal Coliforms
- TKN -Total Kjeldahl Nitrogen
- The sampling shall be conducted with the presence of Oxfam team.
- The sampling team must take into consideration sampling precautions (wearing full PPE and gloves).
Questions / Request for clarification
Any requests for clarification may be submitted by email to [email protected]
Timeframe and Payment
100% payment after completing of the service requested.
How to apply
- Interested candidate to submit : [email protected]