Proposal Writer Job Responsibilities:
- Searches and Prepares proposals by determining concept;
- Gathering and formatting information;
- Writing draft in coordination with the concerned parties
- Obtaining approvals.
Proposal Writer Job Duties:
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs;
- Studying requests for proposal (RFPs);
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
- Writes interim and final reports to be submitted to the donor