Social Media Intern- PUBLIC INFORMATION
Interested Candidates are asked to send their completed CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]
Incomplete Cover Notes will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
-Title of degree you are currently pursuing.
-Graduation Date (when you will be graduating from the programme).
-List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
-List your top three areas of interest/department preferences.
-Explain why you are the best candidate for that specific department.
-Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.
In your Cover Note, be sure to include all past work/internship experiences, IT skills, and three references.
Within delegated authority, the social media intern may be responsible for the following duties:
-Research, compile, draft and edit basic information for use in the preparation and production of social media and website content, often under tight deadlines.
-Monitor and analyse statistics related to social media content.
-Attend meetings as an observer.
-Manage meeting agendas and draft meeting notes.
-Participate in organizing and setting up for special events organized by the Office’s Public Information Officer (film screenings, concerts, exhibits, etc) as necessary.
-Take on other special project as assigned.
- Knowledge in using social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
- Familiarity with and/or interest in taking digital photographs.
- Familiarity with PowerPoint, FinalCut Pro or Adobe Photoshop (or other graphic design programme) is a plus.
-Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
-Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately
-Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication
-Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience
-Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
-Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
-Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others
-Places team agenda before personal agenda
-Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
-Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings
-Actively seeks to improve programmes or services
- Offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs
- Promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas
- Takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks "outside the box"
- Takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things
- Is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches