Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
To apply, please click on the link provided below and fill an online application.
Kindly note that empty or incomplete applications as well as CVs received via email will not be considered official and will not be processed.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role Summary:
The M&E coordinator is responsible for supporting the programme managers in the design and implementation of M&E plans (with relevant input) and for ensuring compliance with NRC M&E framework and SOP at field level.
What you will do
- Adhere to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures.
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E procedures, guidance, and tools.
- Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, log frame design, and budgeting for M&E.
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment, or review.
- Contribute to organisational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Build the capacity and train programmes and M&E staff on related technical and conceptual areas.
- Supervise and mentor M&E support staff in executing related plans.
- Contribute to the design of M&E staffing structure and resourcing, including collaboration with programme staff to identify and plan for M&E needs.
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and reports any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action
- Ensure that all protection related detected cases are referred to the concerned referral focal point and to the related Protection Coordinator
Specifically you will;
- Support the Country M&E unit and area management team on rolling out new initiatives, as required.
- Ensure that each project has an M&E plan in place and consolidate all M&E plans into an M&E overview for the programme area to be shared with Country Office management.
- Ensure that programme staff validate and upload monitoring data into Activity Info (AI), the NRC reporting system and the Refugee Assistance Information System (RAIS) in a timely manner.
- Provide support in the analysis of the referral information produced by the programmes on a monthly basis.
- Support the Area Manager in the implementation of the beneficiary accountability system.
- Develop calendar of assessments, evaluations, and outcome monitoring exercises at field level, ensuring that technical endorsement is secured at country level prior to any evaluations and assessments conducted at the field level and beyond standard monitoring activities.
- Prepare and provide related reports to the Area Manager highlighting areas of concern and collating supporting documentation for review, as required.
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Political or Social Sciences, Quantitative or Statistical Analysis, or any other relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant M&E experience in a professional environment, preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting
- Experience with and knowledge of current approaches to M&E in relief and development programs
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision-making
- Demonstrable experience participating in assessments or surveys in Arabic
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative methods; this should include survey development, facilitating KIIs and FGDs, and basic data analysis (desirable)
- Experience in survey coding using Kobo or ODK (desirable)
- Experience with SPSS, STATA, Power BI or R (desirable)
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both spoken and written
- Ability to translate concepts into Arabic in required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Build Meaningful relations.
- Act with integrity
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
What We Offer
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
We offer an opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause and a chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields.
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated in what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- To act as one unified and inclusive team;
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the people we exist to serve, and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
Daleel Madani, the civil society network, serves as a platform for organisations to post their professional opportunities, but is not involved in the recruitment process. The hiring organisation is solely responsible for the job and candidate selection.