Only shortlisted applications will be contacted and invited to an official interview.
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and Motivation Letter (indicating at least 3 references) to: [email protected]
Add your name and the job title you are applying for (Finance Officer) to the subject of your email; otherwise your email will be ignored.
Applications without a cover letter and without mentioning the title of the position (Finance Officer) will not be considered.
Deadline to submit your application: Friday, December 3rd at 12:00 noon.
Selected candidate for this position will be asked to complete and sign a Safeguarding self-declaration as well as our Code of Conduct.
- Responsible for quality and timely day-to-day accountancy operations: payments control and preparation, ensuring that NPA payments templates are used and signed and that vouchers have all the needed supporting documents
- Receive and check all paperwork and financial documents related to Mine Action Department (MAD) field office in Tyr, before compiling and sending to Beirut office.
- Voucher preparation for all MAD-related costs and expenses and follow up with Beirut office to ensure timely payment issuance.
- Responsible for electronic data-entry of all Bank and Cash vouchers, in Agresso (Financial management system) when required by Beirut office.
- Act as a liaison with support department for any issue related to payments
- Ensure that logistics/procurement documents are dully signed by authorized signatories
- Assist PM in providing Budget Lines for logistics/procurement documents.
- Ensure that adequate financial management routines and systems are in place, and that NPA’s accounting practices and standards are adhered to, and in accordance with requirements from donors, auditors and authorities: especially purchasing, authentication and payment procedures.
- Follow up on the budget development of each project and accordingly review processes in collaboration with projects staff and managers.
- Perform monthly cash reconciliations (Cash and Bank) to ensure accuracy in cash management system.
- Assist the internal and external Auditors to perform initial financial department audits to ensure accuracy as and when needed.
- Assist the FM/PM with analysing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances.
- Assist with tasks of Mine Action field offices when requested by FM/PM.
- Assist with preparing Governmental Requirements (tax declarations and reporting, NSSF declarations and settlements, and VAT reimbursement) in coordination with Finance Office.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Work in close collaboration with PM to ensure the smooth running of program activities.
- Liaise and assist PM in timely delivery of salary allocation sheet for Mine Action staff.
- Conduct weekly visits to the country office in Beirut for coordination/ training and follow up of payments.
- Ensure relevant, timely and accurate financial reports in coordination with Beirut Finance Office.
- Manage the finance activities and assist the FM to meet the financial reporting deadlines.
- Assist FM in preparing financial reports on utilization of grants from external donors, as required (including original receipts, tenders, exchange rates, etc.) in coordination with Beirut Finance Office
- Assist PM in extraction of budgets, budget lines, ledgers and BVAs from Agresso.
- Assist PM in monitoring and evaluation of budgets and budget lines.
- Participate in Monthly BVA meetings with PM and relevant staff.
- Ensure the presence of adequate controls over cash and bank holdings.
- Recommend, develop and maintain the protection and backup of financial databases, reports and receipts and an adequate filing system.
- Properly file all financial documentation according to guidelines.
- Regularly upload documents to the specified online folder on SharePoint when needed.
- Maintain physical and electronic finance data filing and backup
- Maintain the NPA Lebanon Finance Archive in Tyr office adding and ensuring documents are kept for a period of 10 years.
- Recommend the disposal of outdated finance files (more than 10 years) in a safe and confidential manner, ensuring paperwork and information are destroyed in coordination with Beirut office.
- Minimum 3-5 years professional experience in Accounting and Finance.
- Good experience in accounting systems and software.
- Good understanding of the Lebanese accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of Income Tax and NSSF procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and software.
- Experience from capacity building, follow-up and training of partners and staff, including local NGOs
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team.
- Good analytic and innovative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to diverse and complex work culture environments is necessary
- Good communication and coordination skills.
- Good English and Arabic language skills, both written and verbally. French is an advantage.
- Must have a valid driving license and willingness to drive for office work when required.
- Must abide by the policies and personal code of conduct set by NPA, and represent the organization in a loyal and responsible manner
- South Lebanon
- Tyr (Sour)
- Tyr (Sour)