passionate and trusted mentors
Please include “Market-Based Opportunities and Skills Training for Women and Youth - 3amaly - Mentors” in
the email’s subject line.
Aged between 25 and 40.
Living in Tripoli or surrounding areas.
Minimum of 5 years of work experience. (Mentors and mentees will be matched according to their
An understanding of how poverty, conflict-affected situations and existing cultural / gender norms
affect vulnerable women’s lives.
Demonstrable expertise reflected by personal and professional goals and overall personal success.
Strong advisory skills.
Willingness to volunteer for a period of one month.
The program’s overall objective is to empower women and youth to play more active economic roles within their households
and communities in Tripoli by:
(1) Addressing constraints to employment by linking youth and women to market-driven skills in
partnership with the private sector;
(2) Providing support to micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) and entrepreneurs to
accelerate growth and foster merit-based hiring practices; and
(3) Training and/or providing business coaching to potential start-ups to help create employment
North LEDA is supporting Mercy Corps in Tripoli and is seeking volunteer mentors willing to support their
community members through peer-to-peer mentoring in the following sectors:
Mentors will work with the program’s graduates and entrepreneurs to:
(1) Provide mentoring sessions,
(2) Pass along key knowledge,
(3) Share their experiences,
(4) Help solve problems, and
(5) Advise on market opportunities and challenges.
Inspire, support and empower mentees to achieve their professional and personal potential
Encourage sustainable job creation and social and economic development
Guide three mentees on average, over a period of one month
Meet with each mentee at least four times during that month
- North Lebanon