NEF Invitation to Bid: Vehicles Rental & Daily drivers hiring
A bidder shall meet the following criteria to be eligible to participate in NEF procurement:
the bidder, at the time of bid, is not:
- in receivership
- being wound up
A bidder, and all parties constituting the bidder including sub-contractors, are required to disclose any and all conflicts of interest. All bidders found to have an undisclosed conflict of interest may be disqualified. A bidder may be considered to have a conflict of interest with one or more parties in this bidding process, if they have a relationship with each other, directly or through common third parties, that puts them in a position to have access to information about or influence on the bid of another bidder, or influence the decisions of the Near East Foundation regarding this bidding process.
Currency of bid:
All prices should be quoted by the bidders in USD, unless otherwise stated.
The specified vehicle rental fee and Daily Drivers’ fees will be paid on monthly basis. The car rental company will be paid in USD via an international or local bank transfer. Thus, the daily drivers are expected to be paid either in USD or the equivalent in LBP according to the exchange rate set by the central bank.
Bids shall remain valid for a period of 30 calendar days after the date of the bid submission deadline.
Evaluation of Bids:
The Near East Foundation will evaluate the submitted bids according to the following criteria:
- Quality of the product/service according to the required specifications.
- Price in comparison to NEF established rate.
- Ability to deliver the requested good/service by the required time.
- Demonstrated excellent service, after sale and warranties.
- Solidity of the offer/quotation prepared.
- Reputation of the supplier/service provider.
- Adherence, to ethic and anti-corruption practices of NEF.
- Previous experience with NEF and other similar NGOs.
- The Near East Foundation shall notify the selected bidder in writing, with an award letter, before the end of the bid validity period.
- Shortlisted bidders who has not been awarded a contract, will be notified in writing.
- The award letter will state the sum that the Near East Foundation will pay the supplier/service provider in consideration of the good/service prescribed in the contract, and in accordance with the bid.
- Issuance of this ITB in no way constitutes a commitment by NEF to award a contract.
Signing of contract
- Upon receipt of the letter of acceptance, the Near East Foundation shall call the successful bidder to sign the contract.
- Within an agreed timeframe, an authorized representative of the successful bidder shall sign, date, and return the contract to NEF.
The standards of ethics of the Near East Foundation should be respected during any procurement process and the execution of contracts. In pursuit of this, the Near East Foundation defines, for the purposes of this provision, the terms set forth below as follows:
- “Corrupt practice” includes the offering, giving, receiving, or soliciting of anything of value to influence the action of a public official in the procurement process or in contract execution.
- “Fraudulent practice” includes a misrepresentation of facts in order to influence a procurement process or the execution of a contract to the detriment of the Near East Foundation, and includes collusive practices among bidders prior to or after bid submission designed to establish bid prices at artificial, non-competitive levels and to deprive the Near East Foundation of the benefits of free and open competition.
In any case where fraud or corruption is identified, NEF will take appropriate action, including but not limited to:
- rejecting any bids where the bidder has engaged in corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for the contract.
How to apply
How to Apply:
- Bid Document: Interested bidders are to download the invitation to bid, fill the attachment A with all the required information and sign it. All forms must be completed without any alterations to the format, and no substitutes shall be accepted. All blank spaces shall be filled in with the information requested.
- Tender Process: Interested and eligible bidders are requested to submit their bids by email to: [email protected] with a subject line, “Vehicles Rental & Daily drivers hiring”.
OR by hand in a sealed envelope to the following address: Badaro, Bani Kanaan street, Badaro 4741 building, 10thfloor.
- Closing Date: Deadline for bids submission is Monday, 17 August 2020 at 15:00 (Lebanon time). All bids submitted after that date and time will be rejected.
Bidders can email [email protected] for questions.Expired