Interested applicants should submit their CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the following subject line: " Procurement Officer at The Nawaya Network". Any applications that fail to follow these exact guidelines will be DISQUALIFIED.
The Nawaya Network is an NGO based in Beirut, Lebanon that develops the income-generating opportunities of youth through entrepreneurship, employability, and economic development programs.
We are seeking a Procurement Officer to fulfill the below tasks and responsibilities:
- Implements the procurement processes, policies and procedures as per the approved Procurement Manual communicated by Top Management.
- Contacts various suppliers with the end purpose of gathering quotations as requested by the coach/beneficiary and communicates with the suppliers on the required items, availability, delivery, quality, suitability for an effective, objective and ethical purchase of supplies being in place.
- Conducts Research of potential vendors and ensures the effective selection of appropriate suppliers based on a pre-defined list of criteria to be done principally based on quality, ethical purchasing standards and fair price which is to be reported to the procurement manager who will be reviewing and approving and being responsilbe of before any purchase is made.
- Actively works with all concerned operational programme staff ( coaches on GIL, coaches on SPARK, program manager on GVC, Focal Point on SC Tafawok Progrm and any other program) to determine the procurement needs, quality and delivery requirements with respect to an efficient agreed-upon timeline.
- Fills out the supplier selection checklist ( first point of contact to initiate this process) and makes sure all the information is correct to be reviewed by the procurement manager and signs by the latter BEFORE selecting the supplier upon each purchase.
- Generates Purchase Orders to be sent for the Procurement manager for review before being sent to Top Management for approval. No PO is to be sent to Top Management without the Procurement Manager review and verification conducted first.
- Follows up with the Logisitcs Officer / Driver on the list of ordered items by sending the needed delivery notes after being arranged and filled according to the purchase order (PO) with the close oversight and supervision done by the Procurement Manager.
- Provides to the Logisitcs Officer/Driver all needed documents such as the PO, DN, Supplier phone numbers, beneficiary phone numbers etc. and makes sure the Logistics Officer clearly understand what is expected from him/her. The Procurement Manager needs to receive a bi-weekly update on all Procurement tasks assigned to the Procurement Officer.
- Assists the coaches with gathering quotations, collecting supplier details, invoices and supplier’s official documents as requested by the Finance unit.
- Assists the Procurement Manager in evaluating the selected supplier by sharing any feedback obtained by the Procurement Officer during the initial phase of the procurement process.
- Updates the tracking sheet folders and supplier contacts and details Info such as Company Profile, Official papers, Catalogues, Contacts Info with a Bi-Monthly review conducted by the Procurement Manager.
- Applies any additional tasks as requested by Top Management.
BSc in Logistics, Business Administration or relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience as a Junior Procuremet Officer, ( finding suppliers, contacting suppliers, selecting & evaluating suppliers, filing, documentation, following up with suppliers, applying financial transactions as could be requested).
- Hands-on experience with purchasing software.
- Experience with previous NGOs is a plus ( bearing in mind that at Nawaya we do not have Warehouse not a stock of Inventory)
- Procurement Experience
- Customer Experience
- Financial Management
- Understanding of supply chain procedures
- Business Ability
- Ability to deal eloquently and effectively with internal and external stakeholders, Organizational Behavior,
- Process and Results-Oriented Detailed-Oriented.
- Language:English, Arabic, French ( is a plus for some potential French Donors).
- Communication Skills and Emotional Intelligence.
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Organizational Management Skills
- Problem Solving Skills and Negotation Skills
- Time Management Skills