Requires a Cover Letter?:
Application Submissions Guideline:
- Interested candidates in this position should send their CV along with a cover letter and outline of the methodology to be implemented to [email protected] and include the job title mentioned above in the email subject by May 20, 2021. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Contact Person Email:
Developing a Gender Equality Barometer on specific national gender indicators related to GBV and SGBV with a clear methodology.
- Providing guidance on the development of a framework for a comprehensive gender measurement tool.
- Designing the research and survey methodology to be used, themes/areas of studies, sampling and selection method.
- Undertaking a thorough research of available data/ indicators in selected Lebanese governmental entities and provide a preliminary research comprising a literature review, field study and data analysis.
- Identifying customized indicators tracing gender gaps and variations, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Identifying thematic areas where gender-based violence and gaps can be realistically measured.
- Developing clear and effective data collection tools and methods towards the achievement the effective protection of women and girls from GBV and SGBV by providing a systematic monitoring tool to ensure proper measurement and collection of data.
- Collecting data from various sources.
- Monitoring relative progress made on preventing GBV and SGBV in Lebanon and provide accurate insights about the progress of gender equality in each selected theme.
- Identifying tools to measure perceptions of gender equality on a policy and grassroots levels.
- Undertaking regular field visits to ensure proper and efficient collection of data.
- Liaising with local and national governmental institutions, public administrations and CSOs (local and national) for the implementation of the project and maintain regular contacts with NCLW’s partners and the project’s stakeholders.
- Providing a comprehensive detailed report comprising an accurate analysis of gender-based statistics according to available national data
- Designing the software/web app to gather the data online and to proceed with analysis from a gender lens perspective. Or purchasing a software to be purchased to upgrade the one we are working on.
- Master's Degree in social science especially gender studies, or relevant discipline with a good knowledge in human rights, and development
- 5- 7 years of professional experience in similar roles, familiarity with governmental and non-governmental entities in Lebanon
- Extensive experience in research and policy-level analysis
- Substantial experience in designing, monitoring and evaluating gender projects
- Experience in advanced programs for statistical analysis of data (such as Qualtrics).
- Fluent in Arabic and English, French is a plus
- IT knowledge: Microsoft office, Internet browsing and data mining
- Ability to effectively work in partnership on multiple levels and with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent drafting skills and presentation of data
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities.
19 May, 2021
Gender issues, Human Rights & Protection, Law & Legal Affairs
Thursday, 20 May 2021
Period of Employment:
> 3000 (USD)
Education Degree Details:
5 to 10 years