Send an email to the email address: [email protected] please insert the subject "Social Worker” position.
Job Vacancy: Social Worker for "Breaking Barriers: Strengthening Safety for LBTQ Individuals in Lebanon" Project
Location: Furn El Chebbak, Mount Lebanon (with regular outreach and field work in North, Mount Lebanon, Beirut, South, and Bekaa regions)
About the Organization: In our unwavering stance against homo-hate and trans-hate, we champion transformative changes in the way communities, states, and the LGBTIQ sector coexist. Our vision paints a future wherein all genders and sexual orientations are venerated and safeguarded, with a focus on eradication of inequalities, intimidation, and persecution. At MOSAIC, we strive to bridge service gaps, pledging a comprehensive approach to assist all marginalized groups.
Project Overview: The "Breaking Barriers" project is devoted to tackling the discrimination, marginalization, and gender-based violence experienced by LBTQ individuals in Lebanon. We are primed to deploy case management, psychological support, legal aid, and counseling services for our beneficiaries. Additionally, the project aims to amplify the capacities of case managers, social workers, and program managers through tailored training, fostering an expansive inclusive humanitarian response in Lebanon.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Beneficiary Support: Provide direct case management services to LBTQ individuals, including assessment, intervention planning, advocacy, and follow-up.
2. Community Engagement: Facilitate group sessions, workshops, and support groups for LBTQ individuals and their families.
3. Resource Linkage: Connect beneficiaries to necessary resources, including legal aid, emergency assistance, mental health services, and other required services.
4. Documentation: Maintain accurate and updated records for beneficiaries, ensuring data confidentiality and adhering to ethical standards.
5. Collaboration: Work closely with the program manager and other team members to ensure holistic support for beneficiaries.
6. Continuous Learning: Attend training and capacity-building sessions to enhance skills and knowledge on SOGIESC and other relevant topics.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or a related field.
2. Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role, preferably working with LGBTIQ communities or in human rights/gender equality settings.
3. Strong understanding of the unique challenges faced by LBTQ individuals in Lebanon.
4. Demonstrated ability to work empathetically and non-judgmentally with diverse populations.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Fluent in English and Arabic. French is an advantage.
Interested candidates are invited to send their CVs and a motivational letter outlining their experience and reasons for applying to [email protected] by 6th October 2023.
MOSAIC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Applications from individuals identifying as part of the LGBTIQ community are particularly encouraged.