Human Resources and Administration Manager
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 15 March 2020
MAG reserves a right to close advertisement process prior to the deadline in case relevant pool of candidates secured.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.
- Coordinate the recruitment and selection process ensuring compliance to hiring procedures as outlined in the HR manual.
- Facilitate recruitment processes by posting job adverts, collect applications from applicants, administering tests; verifying prior employment by contacting references; scheduling appointments; maintaining records and information.
- Maintain updated job description database.
- Liaise with HR Service provider and LMAC to ensure that administration for new starters is completed efficiently
- Manage and develop MAG’s “active list” of qualified staff to increase the efficiency of recruitment processes.
- Ensure that effective induction procedures are in place and delivered to ensure that staff are fully briefed, and supported.
- Continue to monitor and develop recruitment, selection and induction process to ensure that they are as effective and efficient for the programme.
- Work as part of the Senior Management on strategic cross-departmental issues.
- Provide advice and guidance to the programme SMT on a range of operational and strategic HR issues.
- Provide line management, guidance and support to HR and Administration department staff.
- Develop appropriate human resources policies and procedures, ensuring good employment practice and legal compliance.
- Provide advice to managers and staff on all aspects of MAG’s terms and conditions of employment
- Provide advice and guidance and ensure that policies and procedures are followed in the event of employee relations issues including performance issues, redundancies, disciplinaries, and grievances.
- Manage and support the performance and development of national HR staff to develop capacity and ensure the provision of an efficient and effective HR function within the programme
- Ensure the performance management system is implemented on time.
- Supporting management to identify and implement effective learning & development interventions for staff.
- Assist in development of annual staff development plan
- Provide efficient coordination and oversight of cases of ill-health and insurance; including liaising with MAG HQ, CEGA and local agents
- Manage change processes including end of contract processes and expansion ensuring that all processes are legally compliant.
- Administer and manage all incoming and outgoing communications and correspondence with key stakeholders including LMAC, RMAC and HR Service provider.
- Work with the HQ HR Team to ensure that MAG’s Safeguarding Framework and associated initiatives are implemented and ensure safeguarding standards and refresher training are integrated into the relevant HR processes.
HR systems and Payroll
- Ensure that all paper and computerized personnel files, HR databases, attendance records systems and records are maintained accurately and are up-to-date.
- Oversee leave management, maintain leave tracking ensuring complete documentation for all staff movement
- Ensure the payroll changes spreadsheet is updated and maintained in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide the SMT with regular management information including staff numbers, absence data etc
- Manage and administer social security and tax including the registration process and payroll deductions
- Assist with the reconciliation of individual payrolls and control account totals.
Labour Law Compliance
- Work with HR Service Provider to ensure that HR policies and procedures in place are compliant with all labour law, highlighting any current or future areas of risk or non-compliance to the SMT.
- Ensure that contracts, handbooks, policies and procedures remain compliant with all relevant labour law and reflect current practice.
- Ensure staff and other representatives of MAG are given every opportunity to become aware of the standards and expectations that we have set ourselves
- Provide a clear system of how to report concerns as soon as they are identified or suspected
- Provide guidance on how MAG will respond rapidly to any concerns and carry out investigations diligently
- Ensure staff receive appropriate training and support
- Comply with international standards in relation to safeguarding
- Provide oversight of existing administration procedures and develop new processes as needed to ensure MAG Lebanon maintains quality internal administrative systems
- Liaise with other managers across the programme including Logistics and Finance to ensure effective cooperation and that admin procedures are efficient.
- Oversee administration tasks related to housing and office management.
- Supervise the housekeeping staff and duty drivers.
- Ensure to maintain travel documents and arrange accommodation, airport pic up and drop for guests.
- Ensure all flight reservations for national and international staff, and for inter-programmes visits are booked.
- Ensure staff mobile communication allowances are managed well.
Office and Guesthouse Management
- Ensure timely payment of office and guesthouse rent and utilities
- Ensure all offices and guesthouse utilities and infrastructures are appropriate, safe and functioning
- Oversee all aspects of maintaining the MAG office and guesthouse inform the logistics of any repairs and /or service as required
- Assure staff living conditions are comfortable and make recommendations for improvement as necessary.
- Act as focal point with landlords/property managers on day – to – day basis as necessary
- Make periodic visits to the guest house to check on status, and advise logistics as necessary
All MAG staff are expected to undertake the following general duties:
- Work towards achieving departmental business plan objectives.
- Work within the framework of MAG’s core values, promoting its ethos and mission statement.
- Keep informed of MAG activities.
- Work as part of a team and liaise with other departments to ensure effective communications across the organisation.
- Ensure familiarity with and adhere to all MAG policies and procedures.
- Contribute to fundraising initiatives where appropriate.
- Ensure confidentiality of information as required by MAG policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the post as may be required.
- Understand and uphold the standards outlined in MAG’s Safeguarding Framework, acting with due care and attention to safeguard the wellbeing of anyone that comes into contact with MAG’s work and reporting concerns if they do arise.
- Ensure that line reports understand and follow MAG’s safeguarding framework, escalating concerns reported appropriately to programme senior managers.
- Deir Ez Zahrani