Call For Executive Assistant
Call for Executive Assistant
The Middle East and North Africa Harm Reduction Association (MENAHRA) is a regional network on Harm Reduction, based in Beirut, Lebanon, covering 20 countries in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. MENAHRA’s mission is to prolong and improve the quality of life of injecting drug users in the region. Recognizing the crucial role of the civil society in delivering health services to key populations at increased risk, MENAHRA’s key strategy intends to strengthen the role of the civil society in implementing harm reduction activities in the MENA region.
Harm Reduction is a general term defined as policies, programs and interventions that are designed to reduce or minimize harms that are associated with certain behaviours, including those that are risky and illegal. Harm Reduction, aiming at reducing harms related to drug use is currently a strategy that is adopted by many countries around the world.
Harm reduction is a fairly new approach and countries of the region are at different levels of consideration, adoption and/or implementation of harm reduction policies and services. The WHO identified nine key harm reduction interventions as the following: Needle and syringe programs (NSPs); Opioid substitution therapy (OST) and other drug dependence treatment; HIV voluntary counselling and testing (VCT); Antiretroviral therapy (ART); Prevention and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STIs); Condom programs for IDUs and their sexual partners; Targeted information, education, and communication (IEC) for IDUs and their sexual partners; Vaccination, diagnosis, and treatment of viral hepatitis; and Prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of tuberculosis (TB).
MENAHRA is seeking an executive assistant for assignment to support and facilitate the work of MENAHRA as to administrative and logistical tasks.
Duration of assignment
July 2017 – December 2017 (renewable)
The key function of the executive assistant is to support and facilitate the work of MENAHRA Secretariat as to managerial and logistical tasks.
This entails responsibility for internal and external liaison regarding the Director’s office and agenda as well as coordinating all documentation submitted to the Director to enable comprehensive decisions.
To the Executive Director
- Assist the Executive Director by reading, researching, routing and drafting of all correspondence related to the Secretariat;
- Compile correspondence and reports on behalf of the Executive Director;
- Maintain the Executive Director's appointment , travel schedule and accommodations;
- Organize and attend all internal/external meetings;
- Assist the Executive Director in preparing Board of Directors' meetings;
- Work closely with the Executive Director to ensure that all project documentation and tasks are up to date;
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Screen telephone calls, internal and external inquiries and requests and handle them when appropriate;
- Welcome and greet all guests and visitors by answering and/or directing inquiries;
- Secure information by completing data base backups;
- Maintain the team's personnel information and assist in the recruitment for new positions;
- Maintain office efficiency, including mail and shipping, office equipment and follow up on maintenance services as needed;
- Create, control and monitor all administrative needs of the team
- Provide historical reference by recording and maintaining all meeting minutes and decisions;
- Maintain information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing and/or copying all documents related to the Secretariat;
- Prepare all logistical arrangements, including travel, accommodation and venue for all MENAHRA projects;
- May produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- Maintain electronic and physical filing systems and documents related to MENAHRA projects;
- May be called upon to assist with special projects as required
Candidates must be in possession of a degree in Public Health or related field
Candidates should be able to demonstrate exceptional organizational skills, project management, and communication skills
Candidates must be Fluent in English and Arabic. French is a plus
Candidates should be able to demonstrate ability to work under pressure and within a team environment
Knowledge in the field of Harm Reduction and/or Key Populations is a plus
How to Apply
If interested, please submit a CV with a cover letter to [email protected] . Please ensure that the subject of your email is “Executive Assistant”.
Deadline for applications is June 27, 2017
For further information, you may contact MENAHRA at +961 1 493 211 or visit our website at www.menahra.org
Kindly note that only applicants who are shorted-listed will be contacted.