Call for Design Thinking Trainer - MDF Idealab Program
Context & Background
Michel Daher Social Foundation is a local NGO that aims to create an enabling environment where everyone can achieve their highest potential. MDSF is a community partner in the IdeaLab program. The program’s objective is to strengthen the business and product viability of start-ups in agrifoodtech, and cleantech sectors from the Bekaa area. The Program also focuses on the societal impact by providing business incubation and training to vulnerable youth.
We are seeking an experienced expert to deliver a design thinking sprint aimed at empowering rural youth to develop innovative projects and ideas in the fields of agrifoodtech, and cleantech. The workshops will equip participants with the skills and mindset necessary to create sustainable and impactful solutions to local challenges.
Scope of Work
- The expert(s) will be responsible for conducting a comprehensive series of workshops over 2 days in the Bekaa area, and one online session covering the following 5 topics. The target is 100 participants.
- Introduction to Design Thinking: Provide an overview of design thinking principles, methodologies, and their relevance to addressing real-world challenges.
- Empathy and User-Centered Design: Guide participants in understanding the importance of empathizing with end-users and communities, conducting field research, and identifying their needs and pain points.
- Problem Definition and Reframing: Assist participants in defining and reframing complex challenges into actionable problem statements, taking into consideration the unique context of the rural area.
- Prototyping and Iteration: Teach participants how to develop low-fidelity prototypes of their ideas, encouraging quick experimentation, iteration, and refinement.
- User Testing and Feedback: Instruct participants on how to gather feedback from users and stakeholders and integrate it into their projects for enhanced effectiveness and relevance.
- Sessions outlined activities and learning materials for each of the five main topics.
- Engaging and interactive workshop sessions that cater to the learning needs of rural youth and encourage active participation.
- Support materials, such as templates and resources, for participants to use during and after the workshops.
- Guidance on selecting and utilizing appropriate tools and techniques for design thinking in the specified domains (agrifoodtech, and cleantech).
- Final report to be submitted to Michel Daher Social Foundation, including participant feedback and progress.
- Extensive experience in facilitating design thinking workshops, preferably in rural or community settings.
- Demonstrated expertise in agrifoodtech, and cleantech concepts, and a keen understanding of the associated challenges and opportunities.
- Strong background in human-centered design methodologies, with a focus on empathetic problem-solving.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to connect with and inspire diverse groups of youth.
- Proven track record of fostering innovation, ideally within rural or grassroots contexts.
- Availability to conduct a series of workshops over one online workshop and 2 days of workshops at Michel Daher Foundation, Ferzol Bekaa
How to apply
To apply, please submit your proposal (technical and financial) along with your resume and work/ project portfolio by email to: [email protected]
Your financial proposal should include your daily rate to deliver a full-day workshop (5 hours).Expired