Psychologist - Akkar or Bekaa
Please send your CV & Cover Letter to the below email By 15th of April 2021 and specify the position you are applying for in the subject of your email otherwise it will not be considered.
Attached the CV+Cover letter + copy of the license of practicing
Subject: Psychologist Akkar or Bekaa
Only selected applicant will be contacted for a test and an interview if successful.
-Scope of responsibility:
Providing psychological support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve the patients’ mental health
-Function responsibilities include:
- Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment. Informing the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness and the drug treatment to follow and referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient's condition, working in a multidisciplinary team.
- Implementing the Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol, identifying possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the medical team so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities. Working in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behaviour during sessions
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential.
- Discussing the difficult and challenging cases with the MH supervisor.
- Documenting clearly in the patient file the treatment plan and any action taken regarding the management of the cases and the follow up on the missed appointments.
- Working closely with the CE and HP team to receive the cases referred from them that need a more specialized intervention.
- Participating actively in the mhGAP program by properly detecting the cases that need referrals to the GP and by providing a proper co-management for them.
- Organizing regular bilateral meetings with the GP for briefing on the cases referred to the mhGAP program.
- Attending and actively participating in the mhGAP multi-disciplinary meetings.
- Working closely with the social workers to refer cases that need other types of services that are not provided by MSF.
- Participating with all the team in implementing the SGBV protocol, identifying possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the focal point as per SGBV protocol so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Attends meeting and training as proposed by the Organization in order to engage in a continue development of his/her skills
- Respects all protocols and measures put in place for CoVid prevention and promote the respect among patients and colleagues
- Essential 2 years’ experience minimum as a Psychologist
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries
- Essential Master’s Degree in Psychology with valid license to practice from MoPH
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- English and Arabic languages proficiency essential
- Results and Quality Orientation Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management