Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send their CV and their Cover Letter to the email address: [email protected]g before November 5, 2020. The title of the e-mail should include the "Candidate's Name + Position he/she is applying for (Psychologist)". Kindly adhere to this title. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE: Completed applications must be received by: November 5, 2020
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people in 70 countries who are affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation and our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of neutrality and impartiality.
We offer basic healthcare, carry out vaccination campaigns, and provide mental healthcare. Our activities include the treatment of injuries and disease, maternal care and the provision of humanitarian aid.
MSF is looking for Psychologist to provide psychological support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve the patients’ mental health.
- Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment. Informing the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness and the drug treatment to follow and referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient's condition
- Implementing the Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol, identifying possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the medical team so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities. Working in close collaboration with translators, counsellor and cultural mediator in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behaviour during sessions
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential.
- Providing mental health care to migrant workers in Beirut
- Providing individual psychotherapy and psychotherapeutically group session activities
- Managing patient’s files and data collection according to MSF protocols and maintain it update.
- Taking active part in case discussions and meetings within the project
Education: Essential degree or diploma in Psychology
- Essential 2 years’ experience minimum as a Clinical Psychologist
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO’
- Desirable previous experience with violence related programs, and/or with neglected/vulnerable population groups and/or clinic of trauma, and/or transcultural clinic
- Basic computer literacy is mandatory (e.g.: excel, word, mailbox / communication)
- MSF aim to respect patient’s right and dignity, according to MSF protocols and values – Adherence to MSF values is mandatory, Interest and / or experience in patient centered management is an asset
- Team spirit and collaboration: MSF aim to provide medical and mental health care in a multi-disciplinary approach – availability to work with other medical, paramedical and psycho-social components
- Open mindedness and flexibility – availability to work/collaborate with people from various background, origin, religion, etc.