Pool of Mental Health Counselor Educator
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to fill in the following form https://forms.office.com/e/t5E4Hcb83i & send their CV, Cover Letter, copy of Bachelor’s degree and MOPH license (desirable) to the email address: [email protected]
The title of the e-mail should include the "Candidate's Name + Mental Health Counselor Educator ".
Kindly adhere to this title.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
DEADLINE: Completed applications must be received by: September 29, 2023
Introduction about MSF:
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / أطباء بلا حدود is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people in 70 countries who are affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation and our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of neutrality and impartiality.
We offer basic healthcare, perform surgery, fight epidemics, rehabilitate and run hospitals and clinics, carry out vaccination campaigns, operate nutrition centers, and provide mental healthcare. Our activities include the treatment of injuries and disease, maternal care and the provision of humanitarian aid. Where necessary, we set up sanitation systems, supply safe drinking water, and distribute relief to assist survival.
In the framework of our emergency preparedness plan, MSF is looking to form a pool of MH Counselor Educator that are motivated & willing to join our response in emergency situations.
Main Objective of the position: The Mental Health Counselor Educator will perform counseling and/or education sessions to patients, following different medical and mental health MSF protocols and procedures, in order to improve their psychosocial condition.
- Identify the psychosocial, socio-economic and administrative needs for patients
- Actively promote the availability of counselling services and carry out, individual or in group counseling, basic psycho educational sessions, to patients, their families (when needed), in order to alleviate their psychosocial difficulties within the project scope.
- Refer patients to other specialists or other institutions for further assistance, when necessary in order to propose the best support available.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for counseling activities and look after it,
- Keep files and statistics of daily activities and participate in team meetings to share experiences and discuss special cases with other counselors, preserving confidentiality
- Inform line manager of any problem of any kind arising during the day-to-day activities.
- Take active part in trainings, supervisions/intervisions and support the activities manager when necessary in doing sensitization for MSF staff or external partners about mental health /psychosocial issues.
- Discuss difficulties and problems in counselling with supervisor.
Essential Degree in counselling, social work, psychology or other similar degree.
Essential : At least 1 year experience in emergency response including PFA and psychosocial in humanitarian organization.
Fluency in Arabic and English required
Stress Management, Commitment, Flexibility, Results & Teamwork