Pool of Medical Doctors
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to fill in the following form https://forms.office.com/e/VHjDKGPViE & send their CV, Cover Letter and copy of MD diploma, Certificate of registration at the Lebanese Order of Physicians and MOPH license to the email address: [email protected]
The title of the e-mail should include the "Candidate's Name + Pool of Medical Doctor ". Kindly adhere to this title.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
DEADLINE: Completed applications must be received by: September 29, 2023
Introduction about MSF:
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / أطباء بلا حدود is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people in 70 countries who are affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation and our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of neutrality and impartiality.
We offer basic healthcare, perform surgery, fight epidemics, rehabilitate and run hospitals and clinics, carry out vaccination campaigns, operate nutrition centers, and provide mental healthcare. Our activities include the treatment of injuries and disease, maternal care and the provision of humanitarian aid. Where necessary, we set up sanitation systems, supply safe drinking water, and distribute relief to assist survival.
In the framework of our emergency preparedness plan, MSF is looking to form a pool of Medical Doctors that are motivated & willing to join our response in emergency situations.
Main Objective of the position: The Medical Doctor will provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
Essential Medical Doctor diploma . Registration in MoPH and Order of Physicians is required.
Desirable diploma in Tropical Medicine.
Essential : At least 2 years of experience in emergency setting as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work .
Desirable : Experience in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health , obs and gynae, paediatrics, A&E, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
Fluency in Arabic and English required
People Management, Commitment, Flexibility, Results & Teamwork