Program Officer- Bekaa
Applicants should send their CV to: [email protected] with the subject reference "PRG OFF/BKK" (CVs without this subject line will not be considered). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.HR
MdM is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, or disability unrelated to job requirements
The Program Officer is tasked with ensuring the cohesive operational approach and collaborative spirit among consortium members and with implementing efficient coordination and communication mechanisms among consortium team members. This consortium, led by Médecins du Monde (MdM) in collaboration with ACF and Mission Assi in El Qaa (Hermel), is committed to achieving the project objectives within the specified budget and timeline.
The project, entitled “Access to primary health services, including sexual and reproductive health (SRH), gender-based violence (GBV), mental health ,psychosocial support (MHPSS) and to safe drinking water, for the most vulnerable population in Baalbek district, El Qaa, Lebanon, is funded by CDCS and will run until end of July 2024.
The Program Officer will also ensure that the project is responsive to the needs and priorities of the target communities, especially the most vulnerable groups and that the project adheres to the compliance and quality standards, policies, and principles of the consortium partners and the donor. The Program Officer will also coordinate with other humanitarian actors and stakeholders in the area and represent the consortium in relevant forums and meetings.
- Coordination of the consortium
- Lead the Consortium Steering Committee (CSC) meetings, and ensure the overall strategic guidance, operational oversight, and project follow-up of the consortium. Ensure that the steering committee is abreast of all project related issues that need to be flagged and opportunities to raise.
- Manage the Consortium Operational Committee (CPO), the Consortium Technical Committee (CTC), and the Consortium Finance Committee (CFC), and facilitate regular communication, collaboration, and learning among the consortium partners and staff, setting up agenda, facilitating discussion and circulating the minutes of meetings.
- Coordinate closely with relevant administrative and finance staff to ensure proper reporting, logistics, administration, and human resources needs of the programs are conducted within MdM policy.
- Ensure smooth communication and collaboration between all the partners
- Lead on the joint consortium activities, such as joint awareness raising sessions, celebration of any global day, health-related activities in schools, in terms of activities, logistics and finance.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other humanitarian actors and stakeholders in the area, and represent the consortium in relevant forums and meetings.
- Ensure that the project activities are aligned with the consortium's strategy, objectives, and approaches and that they are consistent and complementary with other interventions in the area.
- Lead the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning component of the consortium
- Track progress on indicators, activities and budget in collaboration with the MEAL department; Monitor the performance of the project activities, using appropriate tools and indicators, and provide regular feedback and support to the consortium partners and staff to reach the objectives of the project in collaboration with the MEAL department
- Lead the elaboration, implementation and review of effective MEAL plans.
- Responsible (with the support of MEAL department) for relevance and quality of reports, analysis, maps and recommendations produced.
- Ensure lessons learnt during the project implementation are comprehended and followed up, as relevant
- Conduct monitoring visits to field locations to observe the quality and progress of the activities
- Identify and mitigate any potential risks, challenges, or issues that may affect the project implementation, and report them to the Bekaa Field Coordinator and Program Manager and other relevant staff.
- Oversee the monitoring of the humanitarian situation and context in the area, and propose and justify any adjustments or adaptations of the project activities, as necessary.
- Grant reporting, communication and visibility:
- Responsible for organizing donor visit schedules when requested
- Ensure adequate visibility and communications is on site as per MdM and the Donor’s regulations.
- Monitor the timely submission of accurate financial and activity reports from partners.
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate analytical, internal and external reports on the project activities, achievements, challenges, and lessons learned, in line with the donor and consortium requirements
- Participate in the writing of the final report to the donor
- Ensure documentation and information exchange/management system is in place for the grant implementation
- Contribute to the advocacy and communication efforts of the consortium, by providing relevant information, data, stories & photo and video in collaboration with MDM communication advisor
- Respect local laws, and MdM’s policies, procedures, values and confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure appropriate accountability mechanisms are in place throughout the project, including complaint and response mechanism system, PSEA system.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Bekaa Field Coordinator and Program Manager.
To behave with self-restraint at all times and respect the dignity of the beneficiaries.
To believe in concepts of equity, human rights, neutrality and impartiality.
Demonstrate willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating in any capacity building activities.
Respect each team member’s position, work and specialty.
Adapt to special situations or demands from supervisor.
Daleel Madani, the civil society network, serves as a platform for organisations to post their professional opportunities, but is not involved in the recruitment process. The hiring organisation is solely responsible for the job and candidate selection.
- Qaa Baalbek