Relaunch: Technical Coordinator - Agriculture Engineer
Please send to [email protected] yout CV and cover letter, specifying the title of the position in the subject of the email. All submissions not following these guidelines will be automatically rejected. Due to urgency, we will be recruiting on a rolling basis.
The Technical Coordinator will work under a project in Akkar, Lebanon, which aims strengthening local climate-sensitive WASH capacities by targeting smallholder farmers with technical and material support to increase, as well as stakeholders in the agriculture and water sectors to increase preparedness to extreme weather events that impact agriculture.
The Technical Coordinator will work under the direct responsibility of the Project Manager and be based at Mada’s Tripoli office with daily field visits.
The Technical Coordinator will have the following main responsibilities:
- Conducting a detailed needs assessment of smallholder farmers in the target areas and participating in the selection of farmers to benefit from support;
- Participating in stakeholder mapping and capacity assessment;
- Coordinating and overseeing the establishment of water ponds for individual farmers;
- Coordinating and overseeing the technical support provided to farmers (climate-smart irrigation and water management);
- Coordinating and overseeing the distribution of drip irrigation systems to smallholder farmers and ensuring proper monitoring;
- Ensuring constant field presence and technical support to farmers;
- Coordinating and overseeing DRR trainings to public servants;
- Supporting 10 smallholder farmers to shift 1,000m2 of their lands to agroecology through material and technical support following Mada’s methodology and steps for the shift.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Ensure that the activities under his/her responsibility are delivered on time, and in line with the project proposal, timeline and logical framework
- Lead on the assessment of smallholder farmers in close coordination with the Project Manager and MEAL Officer
- Work with the Project Manager to develop a workplan for the distribution to farmers
- Oversee the distribution to farmers, ensuring proper crowd management
- Conduct follow-up field visits to benefiting farmers to ensure proper use of toolkits and provide technical guidance and advice
- Report to the Project Manager on a daily basis and submit weekly reports as required, highlighting risks and challenges and proposing mitigations and solutions
- Ensure that communication with the beneficiaries is clear, identify any bottlenecks and gaps and report back to the Project Manager
- Act as main technical focal point (agriculture) under the project, supporting the team to ensure quality standards are respected
- Ensure proper archiving of all project documentation
- Support the Project Manager based on need with any other tasks pertinent to other project components
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Agriculture Engineering or equivalent degree/experience
- 3-5 years of experience in similar tasks, working with NGOs in the livelihoods, agriculture or food security sectors
- Experience in agroecology and/or sustainable agriculture is mandatory
- Excellent organizational, coordination and time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience in the area is preferred
- Valid driving license is compulsory.
Daleel Madani, the civil society network, serves as a platform for organisations to post their professional opportunities, but is not involved in the recruitment process. The hiring organisation is solely responsible for the job and candidate selection.