Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Please note that interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis for this position
The Executive Director is in charge of the overall leadership and management of Mada, ensuring alignment to Mada’s mission and vision and in line with Mada’s Ethics Code as well as financial and administrative guidelines. The Executive Director is in charge of leadership, strategy and representation, staff management and development, programming and fundraising, as well as financial and administrative supervision. The Executive Director oversees Mada’s portfolio under 3 main Pillars of work: Agriculture, Environment and Education, with strong gender and youth mainstreaming across programming, as well as a growing Entrepreneurship/Start Up program.
The Executive Director reports directly to the Administrative Committee.
Leadership, Strategy and Representation
- Play a leading role in setting strategies and contributing to key decisions in coordination with the Administrative Committee.
- To represent Mada externally with donors, partners, local and national authorities, and other stakeholders as required.
- Attend Administrative Committee meetings and participate actively in ensuring alignment to Mada’s vision and mission, growth and quality standards.
- Communicate regularly with the Administrative Committee on program issues, challenges and opportunities and ensure implementation and monitoring to Administrative Committee strategic decisions.
- Reflect strategically in setting short and longer-term objectives and annual operating plans to be able to achieve Mada’s strategy.
- Organize Mada’s General Assembly (every two years) and Administrative Committee elections.
- Report to the Administrative Committee monthly on programming, admin/financial issues, funding, and operations to the Administrative Committee and upon request.
- Ensure Mada’s visibility through appropriate communications material and management of all visibility and communication channels and tools.
Staff Management and Development
- Draft staff job descriptions and lead on recruitment of managerial positions.
- Supervise the Finance/Admin Team and Project Coordinators, as well as other managerial positions as needed.
- Ensure that Mada’s spirit and values are respected by staff across all programming.
- Ensure staff comply with Mada’s core values and policies.
- Ensure staff evaluation are implemented as per Mada’s guidelines.
- Ensure a positive environment in the offices and organize weekly (Beirut's team) and monthly (all Mada’s staff) coordination meetings.
- Inspire and encourage team members to be strategic and innovative, determine priorities, assign responsibilities, supervise and support staff as needed.
- Ensure the high performance of the teams through staff development, training and performance reviews.
Programming and Implementation
- Ensure all programmes and projects are delivered within budget, on time, and in compliance with donor requirements.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits to North office (weekly basis) to ensure quality implementation.
- Ensure compliance with donor and Mada’s regulations throughout programming.
- Ensure proper financial management across programming.
- Adapt programmes as needed based on changes in context, shifting donor priorities or requests, and operational challenges.
- Oversee and develop Mada Platform - a space that offers flexible support for civil initiatives to help them grow and reach their full potential.
Funding and Program Development
- Implement Mada’s Funding Strategy and work with the Administrative Committee to keep it up to date.
- Lead on programme design and submit high quality, competitive bids to donors.
- Fundraise proactively to ensure continuity of programming and financial health of the organization.
- Maximize staff retention through constant fundraising, especially to cover core, not project-based staff.
Financial and Administrative Management
- Work closely with the Finance Team on keeping the annual and global budgets up to date for financial visibility.
- Supervise the proper handling and archiving of all financial documents.
- Ensure Mada’s guidelines and financial procedures are correctly abided to.
- Ensure abidance to all laws and regulations of the Ministry of Finance and others as required.
- Ensure proper office management
Knowledge and Skills
- Full adherence to Mada’s mission and vision, as well as Ethics Code.
- 10 years of experience in development work, organizational management, and team management.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent managerial and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in English and Arabic; French is preferred but not essential.
- Computer literate with a high degree of proficiency and productivity.
- Knowledge of donor landscape in Lebanon, priorities and requirements.
- Ability to represent Mada externally at high level meetings.
- Extensive experience in Project Cycle Management.
- Experience working in North Lebanon, and especially Akkar, is desirable.
- Experience working with local authorities is desirable.