The Evaluator will be responsible to conduct an external evaluation of the project ‘Rehabilitation of SMEs affected by the Beirut Blast and support to relaunch their economic activities’ funded by the Centre de Crise et de Soutien (CCS) and implemented by Mada Association in partnership with the Comité Catholique Contre la Faim et pour le Développement - Terre Solidaire (CCFD-TS).
This one-year project started on November 15, 2020. The overall objective is to contribute to the reconstruction and the economic recovery in Greater Beirut while the specific objective is to support the business relaunching of 33 SMEs directly affected by the Beirut Blast in a context of a severe economic and financial crisis.
Main activities include:
- Rehabilitation/support in equipment and goods of 33 SMEs
- Marketing and business coaching support of the SMEs
- Organization of B2B activities
MAIN WORK INTERFACES
- Project Manager
- Civil engineer
- Project officer
- Contract and Procurement Officer
- Mada support staff
- CCFD-TS (partner)
- SME owners
- SME employees
- Other NGOs involved in SME support
- Coordination and donor agencies
- CCS (donor)
PURPOSE OF THE EVALUATION
The evaluation mission is foreseen to be carried out through two main phases:
- A baseline and evaluation tools at the beginning of the project
- Final evaluation at the end of the project.
The main purpose of the baseline is to analyze the situation (both at the micro and macro levels) at the beginning of the project, assess the indicators set as well as the criteria for SME selection, assess the methodology and selection procedures among others and suggest recommendations adapted to the specific context.
The Evaluator should take into consideration the tools developed and used at the coordination sector level.
The final evaluation will assess the relevance, performance/impact and management of the project. It will also include lessons learned and recommendations for further actions.
For both the baseline and final evaluation report, a first draft will be submitted to the partners for their review and comments. A meeting will be set with the partners before the finalization of both reports.
After the validation of the final report, a restitution session will be organized in order to share the main results with the beneficiaries.
Language: The reports will be submitted either in English or French.
Timeline and Deadline
Draft Report: February 28, 2021
Final version: March 15, 2021
Draft report: Oct 15, 2021
Final report: November 5, 2021
Restitution session: November 10, 2021
Each mission will be contracted independently.
- At least 5 years of professional experience especially with the private sectors and SMEs
- Good knowledge of the Lebanese economic situation
- Previous experiences in evaluation
- Languages: fluent in Arabic and English or French.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Send to [email protected] before January 30, 2021 the following documents.
- Methodology (max 7 pages) including the following points:
Comprehension of the Terms of Reference : This section will describe, among other things, the understanding that the consultant has about:
- the Terms of Reference presented;
- the context of the project;
- the project itself.
Work methodology and expected results: This section will describe, among other things:
- the methodology proposed for reaching the evaluation’s objectives, in a well-documented and well-supported way;
- the expected results;
- the limits of the evaluation;
- any other information that enables good understanding of the method used
Composition of the evaluation team (in case of a two-person team): This section will describe, among other things:
- the composition of the team,
- the profile of the experts,
- the complementarity of the experts
- the strong points of the proposed team
- References (at least 2)
- Financial proposal
- Detailed timeline with mention of the key steps/milestones
A selection grid will be used to assess the applications. The selection will be carried out conjointly by the two partners. An interview will be conducted with the short-listed consultants.
A two-person team can submit if the relevance and complementarity is well justified in terms of skills and expertise.Expired