HR & Logistics Officer - re- Advertised
If you are looking to make a difference we would like to hear from you. Please send an email with your CV and a statement of interest (neither exceeding 2 pages of A4) in English before 21 January 2021 to: [email protected]
The subject of the application should read ‘HR and Logistic Officer’
- Only shortlisted candidates who meet the criteria will be invited for interviews.
- LAW is an equal opportunity employer.
LAW is an independent, non-profit organisation comprised of human rights lawyers working in fragile and conflict affected areas in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia. We have a particular focus on gender equality and sexual and gender-based violence, natural resource exploitation, rule of law and accountability, and transformative justice, working to bring justice to those who need it most. LAW’s ground-breaking work has received international and local media coverage, and recognition.
Legal Action is leading on multiple projects in the regions and in order to meet our evolving needs we are looking for a dynamic HR professional to join our dedicated team to oversee day-to-day HR activities and ensure the progress and impact of our work . You will be required work collaboratively and effectively with teams and to build excellent relationships both internally and externally. The HR & Logistics Officer will be responsible for delivering effective and timely HR support on all staff matters, security and logistics coordination.
Reports to: Duration:
Head of HR and Compliance 9 Month: February 2021 - November 2021
Beirut Full-time / 40 hours per week
Functions/ Key Deliverables:
This is a fastpaced role providing comprehensive support to the Head of HR and Compliance and Programme Manager. The HR and Logistic Officer will perform activities in accordance with objectives set out below:
Logistics and Administration
- Ensure good organization and accountability for all office records (except Finance files), including filing, archive, materials and equipment.
- Provide support on the procurement process, getting three quotes from suppliers and consultants, prepare bid analysis for internal procurement committee review.
- Support the process of vendor selection and periodic reviews of service level agreements with various suppliers.
- In coordination with the Finance Manager maintain inventory of office equipment and assets including lap tops, mobiles, stationary and restocking schedules.
- Ensure that LAW policy and procedures are adhered to and respected by all.
- Initiative and recommendations to make improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency and cost reductions.
- Support on operational field trips, staff training, team events as and when required and international staff with visa applications.
Human Resource Management
- Leading on the recruitment and selection process; drafting job descriptions, advertising, assisting in short listing, scheduling interviews, preparation of appropriate interview documents and liaising with candidates, and participating on interview panels
- Maintaining a recruitment tracking system and full documentation of recruitment processes and employment checks for audit purpose..
- Provide on-boarding to new staff; preparing induction programme, scheduling meetings and ensuring the staff have appropriate work space and equipment.
- Manage HR policies and maintain HR documents, including maintenance of personnel files, leave records etc to ensure they are complete and up to date.
- Draft contracts, both internal (staff, consultants) and external (service providers/ suppliers, other vendors), and maintain a proper follow up system that tracks contract expiry, dates of renewal and changes in contracts are adequately documented.
- Ensure the smooth running of HR-related administrative tasks, such as timesheets, employee NSSF registration, holiday management, sick leave, salary payments, exit clearance, etc
Safety & Security
- Maintenance of the office to ensure a safe workplace and implementation of staff security and safety policies.
- Keeping up to date with relevant security agencies and government sources to ensure situational awareness of the security situation.
- Conducting risk and security assessment when planning office, events, and Legal Action field trips
- Notifying management in cases of crisis or emergency;
- Initiating calls for LA staff if there is a crisis situation and to organise for the staff to be moved to safety;
Any other duties as specified by the Head of HR and Compliance or Programme Manager.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or a related field
- Three year’s demonstrated experience working in HR, logistic and administration or a similar position
- Experience and skills in staff safety and security
- Experience working with an International NGO preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (word, excel, powerpoint, outlook)
- Fluent in both English and Arabic, spoken and written
- To work independently, with high level of organization and can prioritize tasks assigned.
- Ensure confidentiality of data and sensitivity of information related to staff and beneficiaries
- Good communication and presentation skills (verbal and written).
- Flexible and proactive with ability to manage different demands (multi-tasking).