Graphic Designer - Consultant
If you have the right experience and skills working in a similar organisation and can hit the ground running, we would like to hear from you.
Please send an email with a CV and statement of interest (neither exceeding 2 pages of A4) in English to [email protected] Bachelors degree in graphic design or relevant field; with your daily rates. The subject of the application should read ‘Graphic Designer- Lebanon’.
At LAW we are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues reflecting the people and communities that we represent and support. Our team includes many nationalities with diverse professional backgrounds, skills and knowledge. This enables us to deliver and understand the cultural and political contexts on the ground and to tailor our support effectively and appropriately. Women lawyers with experience representing at-risk clients are particularly encouraged to apply.
Child Safeguarding Statement
LAW will uphold the highest consideration for the safety and protection of children are in place whereby all applicants will be require to undergo relevant vetting processes (which may include police criminal background checks, subject to local jurisdiction) and when starting employment with LAW, to sign a declaration stating there in no reason or event that would render them unsuitable for the post and declaring ant criminal conviction or ongoing criminal prosecutions against them.
LAW reserves the right to follow up on references with any previous employer to seek referees considered view and opinion on the candidate’s suitability to be contacted with children. The successful applicant will only be offered a position subject to: (a) satisfactory and suitable references; (b) proof of qualifications; (c) relevant vetting/clearance procedures; and (d) positive proof of identification.
All staff joining LAW, agrees to families themselves with the safeguarding policies and comply fully with its standard and code of conduct. Staff are required to be vigilant and aware of risk to children. Staff are also responsible to report and suspected or known concerns and also to participate fully in any safeguarding investigation if requested. Furthermore, staff are required to participate in annual training on safeguarding/child protection.
To learn more about LAW please visit our website: www.legalactionworldwide.org
Role Overview and Responsibility:
The Graphic Designer will support the Communication Officer and the Programme Team to promote LAW's work and to increase visibility, profile key events and advocacy activities in country and globally. The post holder will perform duties in accordance with the responsibilities outlined below:
- Design and develop posters, logos, infographics, videos, and other fact sheets and tool kits as per the programme requirement and according to LAW’s thematic work;
- Design reports, booklets, and papers in a creative and professional manner in line with LAW’s style and format;
- Design, maintain and update the website content, collating inputs from the county programme;
- Support preparation of key messaging in line with required visuals and graphics for social media;
- Designing of creative and innovative ideas; information toolkits (audio, digital) that will be used by Survivor Advocates for their field work;
- Ensure that LAW’s visuals and graphics is aligned with it’s mission, messaging, and engaging;
- Develop effective tool kits and designs for programme staff;
- Any other task requested from the Programme Manager;
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelors degree in graphic design or relevant field;
- Qualification or equivalent excellent knowledge of multimedia production and editing;
- Minimum 4 years demonstrated experience working on graphic, visuals, and design in a similar role;
- 4 years proven experience in a similar role of designing graphics and visuals across a variety of social media platforms;
- Relevant experience working with international NGOs is preferred, ideally in human rights or humanitarian field;
- Track record of creating creative, engaging and professional content;
- Demonstrated experience designing graphics and design software;
- Excellent written and oral skills in English and Arabic required; with the ability to clearly articulate information to various audiences and stakeholders
- Ability to work on own initiative and part of the wider team;
- Experience in photography; ideally with DSLR cameras or similar (preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and strong technical literacy;