Business Development Specialist (RF#202313)
Please mention "Business Development Specialist (RF#202312)" in the subject line of your e-mail. Your application will be automatically disregarded if it was untitled, or if it had another title.
For further information or submission of your Resume, please contact: [email protected] no longer than Thursday October 05, 2023 - COB. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted .
LRI employees shall be recruited without discrimination based on race/ethnicity, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, physical handicap or disability, age, marital status, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or any other areas of discrimination.
The Lebanon Reforestation Initiative (LRI) is a Lebanese NGO registered at the Ministry of Interior and Municipalities under no. 1186 on 18 June 2014, which aims to expand, manage, and protect Lebanon’s forests and landscapes through a community-based approach. We work on building resilient communities to environmental threats, increasing environmental awareness and education, advocating for forest conservation, and advancing research in the forestry field.
The Business Development Specialist is needed to develop and lead on the implementation of business development plans for LRI’s rural tourism activities as well as support in developing packages for private sector partnerships in reforestation, fire prevention, forest management, agroforestry and urban forestry.
The Business development specialist would report directly to LRI’s director and coordinate with LRI’s departments and team members as needed.
In close coordination with LRI’s Director, the BDS is expected to accomplish the following duties:
- Develop a business plan for LRI’s rural tourism activities, EcoGrow and for the centers in Ehmej and Kaftoun.
- Develop packages and plans tailored for the private sector to improve LRI’s partnerships with private sector entities.
- Conduct a mapping of private sector entities that could be potential partners for LRI.
- Outreach to those companies and engage them in long-term agreements with LRI.
- Conduct a market study (essentially a mapping exercise) to identify key funding sources from international and national donors and sources, and their modalities of engagement as well as trends of funding for major environment and livelihoods-related topics Identifying /research new market opportunities and oversee growth projections.
The BDS should possess the following competencies, skills, and experience:
- Excellent English and Arabic oral and written communication skills.
- Specific skills in donor-related communication: from opportunity identification to concept note and full proposal writing.
- Strong technical and computer-based skills related to development of budgets and log-frames.
- Proven and advanced presentation and negotiation skills.
- Marketing skills.
- Proven strategic relationship management skills.
- Conceptual and analytical skills.
- Coaching, mentoring, training, and facilitation skills.
- Excellent people skills with team building experience.
- Excellent planning and monitoring skills with track record in using a variety of planning and M&E tools.
- High level of computer proficiency.
- Ability to maintain strategic vision and link with everyday work.
- Clear and effective communication that builds relationships in order to influence others.
- Proactive, demonstrates record of creativity and entrepreneurship.
- Accountability and responsibility for own performance.
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Demonstrate high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Confident presenter and negotiator willing to take initiative and anticipate / explore new opportunities.
- Mount Lebanon
- Jdaidet El Matn - Baouchriyeh - Sadd El Baouchriyeh