Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER) Officer
Please specify in the "Subject" of your email the position you are applying for
- Maintain with the support of the PMER Coordinator existing M&E Systems with updated standard procedures
- Enhance evidence-based decision-making culture by the development of regular recommendation and Learning briefs of DMS operations
- Work with Program Managers to ensure findings from on-going monitoring, specific reviews, and other sources of information are used to adapt the program as needed.
- Provide training for staff, volunteers and other stakeholders, as necessary on project/program monitoring and evaluation concepts, skills and tools based on need
- Ensure identifying, analyzing, and synthesizing lessons learned from program implementation and facilitate the incorporation of those lessons into the activity development cycle
Operational Roles and Responsibilities
- Increase efficiency of DMS monitoring by facilitating monitoring frameworks for programs
- Ensure accurate, thorough and useful monitoring of programs activities and impact
- Manage and provide technical support to the post-distribution monitoring team.
- Support program teams as needed by adapting/developing specific monitoring tools of consistent and quality data collection
Log frame Review and Adaptation
- Modify and adapt available program log frames based on context
- Develop log frmes as needed and in coherence with the proposal themes
Operational Performance Management
- Monitor DMS Operational Performance by developing a quarterly and yearly basis report while triangulating findings with Secondary DMS sources
- Ensure that the evaluations are timely, useful and ethical, upholding the criteria and standards as defined in the IFRC Framework for Evaluation through coordination and overseeing DMS Evaluations. This includes ToR Preparation and planning real-time evaluations (RTEs), midterm and end-of-project evaluations, as technical assistance needs arise.
- Support in mainstreaming Community Engagment and Accountability (CEA) in operations
- Ensure that DMS program tools are aligned with CEA best practices
- Collect and document feedback and complaints through performed monitoring and evaluation activities
- Capture the lessons learned from each program to improve future program selection, design and implementation by archiving and uploading key DMS Documents.
- Revise and Update reporting processes, templates and systems within DMS
- Consolidate and analyze program data in order to generate periodic reports such as Situational reports, activity-specific reports, etc.
- Follow-up on reporting deadlines and provide timely, accurate and high-quality reports for concerned internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive data analysis and the communication of the findings in a compelling, visual and engaging manner via presentations, fact sheets, infographics or other creative styles.
- Issue Situational Reports as needed, especially in DMS emergency responses.
- Report on the numbers and analysis provided by the M&E officer through the ITT tracking table
- Support program teams, as needed, with the adaption of specific reporting tools for consistent and quality reporting.
- Undertake occasional field visits to DMS centers to monitor the capacity of the reporting officers at a center level, as well as to support branches with reporting tools and skills.
- Support in developing Proposal/Concept Note/ Reporting templates
- Follow-up with program teams on the development of proposals, and consolidate feedback from all concerned individuals
- Consolidate and finalize proposal package before sharing.
- Track proposal status updates
- Amend proposal, log frames, and plan of action of needed based on provided feedback internally/externally
- Follow-up on partnerships requirements within DMS with relevant program teams
Function Specific Skills and Experience
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Strong communication and problem solving skills, and demonstrable experience of applying these skills in a work environment
- Skills and experience in quantitative data analysis and narrative reporting
- Culturally sensitive with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional competency in Microsoft Office programs (Word – Excel – PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in data management