Applying through the link below is the ONLY way for LOST to consider your application.
Please click on the link to fill an online application and upload your resume.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Application by email will NOT be considered
The Outreach Officer will be responsible for community engagement in the assigned area through mobilization, awareness, and community outreach for non-Lebanese and Lebanese children in project activities.
- Conducted mapping in the targeted locations to determine the various routes to engage with girls, and boys in the project.
- Organize outreach activities informing the local community about project activities whilst identifying potential school beneficiaries.
- Organize joint community activities for the host communities and refugees
- Plan events and engagement opportunities in a way that helps build the base of LOST’s Education Projects, and actively engage with influencers for outreach events.
- Encourage and stimulate full participation in the planned socio/recreational activities with special attention, where possible and appropriate, to marginalized and overlooked groups in the community
- Disseminate information at the community level about the purpose and importance of education
- Act as the key point of contact between the parents/caregivers and the community on providing timely feedback on issues/concerns raised
- Conduct phone calls or home visits on student absence
- Conduct home visits with PSS facilitators and CP Officer in case of child protection concerns
- Organize localized coordination meetings with other agencies operating in same area for information sharing.
- Assist with the development of community activities related to gender equality, child protection, SGBV, PSEA
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports for submission to the Project Manager (PM)
- Provide the PM with suggestions or recommendations based on feedback from beneficiaries (direct and indirect) and communities
- Bachelor's Degree in social science or any related field
- At least 2 to 3 years experience in the related field.
- Ability to engage with community members in an open manner, maintain confidentiality, and respect
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure, and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks, and maintain attention to detail.
- Strong diplomatic skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, listening, and communication skills
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- INGO or NGO experience
- Experience working with the refugee population
- Ability to write clear and concise reports in English
- Computer Literacy
NB : LOST has zero tolerance for Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of beneficiaries. Protection from sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to the code of conduct, that enshrines the principles of PSEA, always (Both during work hours and outside work hours). Familiarization with, and adherence to, the code of conduct is an essential requirement of all staff, in addition to related mandatory training. All staff must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause