Applying through the link below is the ONLY way for LOST to consider your application.
Please click on the link to fill an online application and upload your resume.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Application by email will NOT be considered
Under the supervision of the Finance Manager at LOST, the Finance Officer takes charge of the mission’s daily financial operation in compliance with donor and the programmes financial framework.
Job Description :
• Support the budget managers to elaborate accurate monthly cash forecast
• Compile the monthly cash forecast from all budget managers and send it to the Finance manager for subsequent action with close collaboration with the accountancy team
• Processes the payments and reception of cash/transfers during appropriate hours and in the field if needed
• Prepares the cheques for payments and ensures they are dully signed by the authorized persons.
• Registers the entries in the logbook for each operation and controls the coherence between the log book and LOST procedures
• Ensures there is no cash shortage by anticipating cash withdrawal, informing the line manager in order to prepare the withdrawal request.
• Performs weekly and monthly cash counts with the accounting officer and with other designated persons.
• Filing of accounting documents, including in scan-it as advised by LOST procedures
Extracts the budget monitoring and follow up on monthly basis and whenever required
• Updates monthly indicators
• Prepares financial time sheets for donors according to LOST processes and donor requirements.
• Ensures proper filing of donor documentation (contracts, amendments, diverse communication etc.)
• Elaborating, updating and implementing allocation tables not only of staff costs but also including other running costs such as car and office rent, communication, utilities, maintenance, stationeries and supplies (TAFF)
• Pulls out financial documents such as donor contract, partner contracts from the arcLOSTve for audits
• Compiles and checks audit requirements from other departments prior to submission
• Drafts calculations needed for the auditor
• Drafts donor financial reports
General Skills :
Bachelor Degree in Finance , Accounting or any other relevant Field
A minimum of 3 years of professional experience
Communication and reporting skills, preferably from a multi-cultural environment
Performing under pressure
Being proficient in English, Arabic in both written and oral skills
NB : Lost has a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of beneficiaries. Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to the code of conduct, that enshrines principles of PSEA, always (Both during work hours and outside work hours). Familiarization with, and adherence to, the code of conduct is an essential requirement of all staff, in addition to related mandatory training. All staff must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause .