Instructors of Digital Skills for Innovative Vocational Program
Submit a CV and one-paragraph statement of interest in the body of the email and send to [email protected] with the subject Re: Saida Digital Skills Instructor
Background: The Digital Skills Training Program is an innovative vocational training program that gives disadvantaged youth the opportunity to learn transferable skills relevant to the growing international Digital Economy. The program, managed by AUB-CCECS in collaboration with the Lebanese League for Women in Business in Saida is supported by the World Food Programme. It provides basic and advanced Digital Skills and English classes for disadvantaged Syrian and Lebanese youth. Local instructors deliver the training under the supervision of the AUB faculty.
This is a great opportunity to strengthen the capacity of people in need and improve your own skills through professional development.
Curriculum includes computer and internet literacy, MS Office, basic/advanced excel, web design and Google applications. The instructor must be skilled in the curriculum content and able to engage students with varying levels of prior education effectively and interactively in learning the material. The curriculum content and presentation slides are provided by AUB.
- Effectively teaching the curriculum to the class of up to 25 students ages 25-35 with an interactive student-centered approach
- Reviewing the curriculum and updating it as per needs of the training
- Preparing and supervising practice work and projects to be solved by the students during class
- Tracking attendance
- Preparing and grading assignments
- Giving feedback and communicating effectively with students at all levels of technological understanding
- Coordinating with other instructors and the curriculum supervisor
- Reporting as requested (weekly and end-of-cycle reports)
- South Lebanon
- Saida (Sidon)