Job vacancy: Admin and Finance Officer
Terms of References
Admin and Finance Officer
Location: Beirut Lebanon
Duration: Project duration starting the 1st of July, 2023 (expected 30 months)
The Lebanese Environment Forum (LEF), in partnership with the University of Balamand, and funded by the European Union, is leading a project for “Conducting an evidence-based national Non-State Actors Campaign for a Marine Protected Areas Network in Lebanon” that aims for establishing an effective MPAs network in Lebanon’s for the protection of Lebanon’s coastal and marine biodiversity and ecosystems through a national non-state actors advocacy campaign supported by science-based evidence.
The sub-objectives of the project are:
- A national non-state actors’ advocacy campaign to establish an MPAs network has been strengthened through the provision of adequate science-based evidence.
- Lebanon’s official “Marine Protected Areas Strategy” implementation has been enhanced.
- The two draft laws, “integrated coastal zone management” and “fishing law”, necessary for the effective management of MPAs have been passed by the Parliament.
- Secure from LEF all required administrative documents related to the Project;
- Keep all official documents up to date and on file for the efficient and timely completion of project;
- Maintain the smooth flow of funds to enable the timely implementation of project activities;
- Ensure a logical and comprehensive record of financial transactions, with supporting documentation, for reference and audit purposes;
- Maintain cash transactions, preparing receipts, payment request forms, and procurement documents;
- University Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or any related field;
- Proficiency in the use of information technologies and good computer skills, particularly in the use of, MS Office Package (esp. Excel, Word, etc.).
- Excellent spoken and writing skills in both English and Arabic;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability work competently under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Experience working with NGOs;
- Ambitious, dynamic with the ability to uphold ethical values and maintain confidentiality and impartiality;
Interested qualified candidates are kindly requested to send their CV by email to: [email protected] indicating in the subject: “Admin and Finance Officer–Vacancy for MPAs Network Project”
Deadline for application submission for this opening is 10 July 2023
The sole responsibility of this publication lies with the author. The European Union is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained therein.