Call for Sustainable and Regenerative Agriculture Trainers
Agriculture, including horticulture is seen as a critical sector for employment creation and poverty reduction in Lebanon; hence has been a focus sector for many programmes. An estimated 20-25 percent of the country’s working population is involved in agricultural-related activities on a full time or part time basis. However, the agriculture sector has been hard-hit by the combined effects of the crises. The economic crisis and the subsequent lira devaluation have taken a drastic toll on food security and agricultural livelihoods in Lebanon.
Beyond grants for the most vulnerable farmers to purchase basic inputs (fertilizers, seeds, etc.) and subsidies to purchase greenhouses, farmers need more sustainable financial support if they are to make investments that would increase their productivity and income. In the past, suppliers of greenhouses and other inputs used to allow farmers to pay in instalments; but since suppliers now also have no credit with banks, they have stopped the practice. Suppliers are still selling the greenhouses, but require that farmers pay cash up front, which most farmers cannot do.
The Lebanon Agriculture and Rural Empowerment (ARE) activity, funded by USAID and implemented by Chemonics International, supports Lebanese rural and peri-urban communities to obtain technical and financial resources to facilitate increased productivity, sales, and exports, improved business income, while also ensuring livelihood sustainability. ARE designed an expansion exclusively supporting at least 100 existing greenhouse vegetable growers to purchase and install multi-span greenhouses on their farms across Lebanon.
The project will deliver a two-days training on sustainable and regenerative agriculture practices to all the farmers who will benefit from the greenhouse supply intervention.
Duties and Responsibilities
The sustainable and regenerative agriculture practices trainer will implement the following tasks:
- Coordinate with Al Majmoua team to prepare for the group trainings after Al Majmoua shares cleaned data about the training participants.
- Prepare and share with Al Majmoua the training materials and PowerPoint presentations for the regenerative and sustainable agriculture practices training
- Prepare the pre and post-test trainings forms
- Submit the agenda for the 2-days training
- Conduct 2 days training on regenerative and sustainable agriculture practices
- Select 2 success stories/case studies per each course of training (each training will include 15 to 20 trainees) and document using Al Majmoua Stories forms
- Complete daily attendance sheets assuring all signatures.
- Complete all forms (Daily evaluation, and end of training report).
- Ensure to strictly follow Al Majmoua code of conduct, PSEA and child protection policy.
- Prepare the training modules and materials
- Agenda of the training course for each group
- Coordinate with Al Majmoua team about all training sessions and materials needed
- Follow up with the beneficiaries on the dates of trainings
- Daily evaluation form, end of training report
- Daily attendance sheets signed by participants and trainers, including pictures
- Two success stories form per each training (Including pictures and signature from the participant)
How to apply
As submitting your RFQ please consider the following:
- Provide your CV
- Provide a technical proposal including all the following points:
- Number of group trainings you are available to deliver
- Geographical areas you are able to cover to deliver the trainings
- Duration of notice for training (how much time of notification do you need in advance to prepare your schedule accordingly for availability)
- Ability to call the participants to coordinate the trainings
- Your Fiscal number if any
- A copy of your registration at the syndicate of Engineers if available
- Confirmation of the daily training fees of training per group with all the mentioned deliverables. Al Majmoua will pay a fee of USD 200 per day of trainings (including phone calls before training for selection and after training for consultation as needed plus transportation to and inside the governorates)
- Understanding that Al Majmoua will deduct 7.5% from the consultancy fees to settle the Ministry of Finance’s consultancy tax if the consultant is not able to provide a fiscal number
- Understanding that Al Majmoua will not cover the Fees of FSP or Fresh Bank account Transfer.
- Understanding that Al Majmoua is not able to confirm ahead of time the number of farms that the sustainable and regenerative agriculture practices trainer will be handling as it will depend on the geographical areas that the sustainable and regenerative agriculture practices trainer is able to cover and the location of the farms that will apply to the project.
Please fill the table below taking all points above in consideration and send back to us by the 15th of September mid-day at the following email address: [email protected]
Rate in USD
Number of days available to conduct training with all the required deliverables