Call for ILO – IYAB Certified Agriculture Trainers
Agriculture, including horticulture is seen as a critical sector for employment creation and poverty reduction in Lebanon; hence has been a focus sector for many programmes. An estimated 20-25 percent of the country’s working population is involved in agricultural-related activities on a full time or part time basis. However, the agriculture sector has been hard-hit by the combined effects of the crises. The economic crisis and the subsequent lira devaluation have taken a drastic toll on food security and agricultural livelihoods in Lebanon.
Beyond grants for the most vulnerable farmers to purchase basic inputs (fertilizers, seeds, etc.) and subsidies to purchase greenhouses, farmers need more sustainable financial support if they are to make investments that would increase their productivity and income. In the past, suppliers of greenhouses and other inputs used to allow farmers to pay in instalments; but since suppliers now also have no credit with banks, they have stopped the practice. Suppliers are still selling the greenhouses, but require that farmers pay cash up front, which most farmers cannot do.
The Lebanon Agriculture and Rural Empowerment (ARE) activity, funded by USAID and implemented by Chemonics International, supports Lebanese rural and peri-urban communities to obtain technical and financial resources to facilitate increased productivity, sales, and exports, improved business income, while also ensuring livelihood sustainability. ARE designed an expansion exclusively supporting at least 100 existing greenhouse vegetable growers to purchase and install multi-span greenhouses on their farms across Lebanon.
The project will deliver the ILO-IYAB training curriculum to all the farmers who will benefit from the greenhouse supply intervention.
Duties and Responsibilities
The ILO-IYAB certified trainer will implement the following tasks:
- Conduct training needs analysis (BNA form and BNA matrix) for the participants to identify which modules fit best all groups and select 2-3 modules of the IYAB programme. This could be conducted via phone calls in coordination with Al Majmoua team after Al Majmoua shares cleaned data about the training participants.
- Submit the agenda for the training
- Conduct 4 days training following the structure of the official IYAB curriculum.
- Apply the Business Game as part of the IYAB programme.
- Select 2 success stories/case studies per each course of training (each training will include 15 to 20 trainees) and document using the IYAB Success Stories forms, in addition to the Training Plan form.
- Complete all forms of each and any course program (Daily evaluation, end of training evaluation, and end of training report).
- Register and complete all completed training courses on SIYB Gateway Platform of ILO.
- Complete daily attendance sheets assuring all signatures and collect a copy of their IDs.
- Ensure to strictly follow Al Majmoua code of conduct, PSEA and child protection policy.
- Finalized list of names of beneficiaries prior to each training course
- Training needs analysis forms for IYAB course (BNA form and BNA matrix)
- Prepare and update the training modules and materials
- Agenda of the training course for each group
- Coordinate with Al Majmoua team about all training sessions and materials needed
- Follow up with the beneficiaries on the dates of trainings
- Daily evaluation form, end of training evaluation form, end of training report
- Daily attendance sheets signed by participants and trainers, in addition to a copy of their IDs including pictures
- Consent declaration form for all participants
- Two success stories form per each training (Including pictures and signature from the participant on the communication pledge)
How to apply
As submitting your RFQ please consider the following:
- Provide your CV
- Provide a technical proposal including all the following points:
- Confirmation that you are an ILO-IYAB certified trainer
- The number of group trainings you are available to deliver
- The Geographical areas you are able to cover to deliver the trainings
- Duration of notice for training (how much time of notification do you need in advance to prepare your schedule accordingly for availability)
- Ability to call the participants to finalize lists of names according to technical and inclusion criteria
- Your Fiscal number if available
- A copy of your registration at the syndicate of Engineers if available
- Confirmation of the daily training fees of training per group with all the mentioned deliverables. Al Majmoua will pay a fee of USD 200 per day of trainings (including phone calls before training for selection and after training for consultation as needed plus transportation to and inside the governorates)
- Understanding that Al Majmoua will deduct 7.5% from the consultancy fees to settle the Ministry of Finance’s consultancy tax if the consultant is not able to provide a fiscal number
- Understanding that Al Majmoua will not cover the Fees of FSP or Fresh Bank account Transfer.
- Understanding that Al Majmoua is not able to confirm ahead of time the number of trainings that the certified ILO-IYAB trainer will be handling as it will depend on the geographical areas that the ILO-IYAB trainer is able to cover and the location of the farms that will apply to the project.
Please fill the table below taking all points above in consideration and send back to us by the 15th of September mid-day at the following email address:
Number of days available to conduct training with all the required deliverables