Elections Research Expert
LADE is a Lebanese non-profit and non-partisan organization advocating for election integrity and fair representation as two vital pillars for a functional democracy. Since its establishment in 1996, the Lebanese Association for Democratic Elections (LADE) has been heavily involved in instigating electoral reform on a national level through a set of well-designed interventions amongst which election monitoring constitutes a corner-stone for a viable parliament, where it features as a necessary tool to assess the electoral framework and propose amendments when needed. The association's early efforts reached paramount in 1998 with the implementation and management of a full-fledged campaign aiming at restoring local elections across Lebanon for the first time since the breakout of the Lebanese Civil War. Consequently, LADE’s role grew further and as a leading reformist organization. LADE’s awareness extended throughout the years to cover pre-elections, e-day and post-elections activities. Moreover, the association has been able, in a short period of time, to catch up with the academic and societal debates around media ethics and gender participation and has successfully developed a multifaceted and multidisciplinary approach to citizenship and electoral reform.
Based on LADE’s 2022 monitoring report, LADE recommended a series of reforms that are considered essential and that will contribute to fairer and more democratic elections going forward if adopted. Some of these reforms require constitutional or legal amendments, while others only require a shift in perspective and performance by the parties entrusted with managing the various stages of the elections. For that end, LADE will be working to fill the gap between citizens and party representatives in terms of priorities and policymaking, to follow up on LADE’s recommendations for 2026 elections to ensure a fairer representation and a more inclusive and integrated democracy.
To help LADE draft a well comprehensive amendment of some articles to serve as a baseline of its advocacy plan ahead of 2026 legislative elections
The Consultant shall be responsible of:
- Working in the key recommendation on 4 essential reforms
- Attend series of meetings that will be organized by LADE with Electoral experts and Political parties representatives and MP’s in order to gather and incorporate opinions related to various key recommendations needed for the upcoming parliamentary elections.
- Present new well-structured draft amendments for 4 reforms of the electoral law.
- University degree in law or political science, or social sciences or any related field;
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience in elections, international standards of democratic elections, and electoral context in the Mena Region;
- Previous experience in working for countries in political turmoil and transition;
- Understanding of Lebanese national issues, in particular strong background & expertise in relation to elections dynamics and electoral law.
- In depth knowledge of the Lebanese context political, economic, social, sectarian etc…;
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to plan strategically;
- Strength in interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Commitment to, and understanding of democracy values and principles including rights-based approaches.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and drafting laws.
How to apply
Candidates are asked to send their cvs resume to [email protected] with the email subject line: Elections Research Expert
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will take place in Beirut.Expired