Procurement & Logistic Officer
Interested candidates should send their CV, the details of two people who will serve as professional references, a short self-presentation letter in English language explaining how the candidate’s qualifications and previous experiences are in line with this job description.
Applications must be sent no later than 12-03-2021, to:
Please specify in the reference: “LED Procurement & Logistic Officer_name_surname”
CVs will be pre-selected according to their coherence with the required profile. Selected candidates will be called for interviews and selection tests.
Interviews will take place in JPII Foundation HQ, Rue Gouraud, 191 Gemmayzeh, Beirut office or on-line, if not possible due to COVID19 pandemic.
We thank all those who will send their application, but we inform that only candidates pre-selected for an interview will be contacted
Note: for more information about the organization, please consult our webpage: www.fondazionegiovannipaolo.org
To support the implementation of the Project “Promoting the local economy in North East Bekaa” the John Paul II Foundation is recruiting a Procurement & Logistic Officer to:
Implementation of Foundation John Paul II (JPII) procurement procedures including national and international tendering. Support the administrative staff in preparation of employment contracts and compilation of payroll and payment of related taxes. Ensure the effective functioning of the entire logistics aspects including: Vehicles, Offices, Guesthouse and Asset Management.
Duty Station Beirut with monitoring visits in branch offices in the Beqaa Region
- Responsible for effective and streamlined Supply Chain Management across JPII mission
- Ensures strict application and respect of JPII and donors procurement procedures and guidelines
- Support staff in implementing correct procurement procedures
- Responsible to implement procurement procedures including competitive bidding, local & international tendering as well as lower level procurement
- Ensure implementation and update of a comprehensive procurement plan (PP), liaison with project staff, finance department and HQ procurement unit on approval and updates of the PP
- Writing of Supply, Service, Works and Framework Contracts
- Responsible for extensive Contract management and follow up including execution of complex supply, works and service contracts
- Coordinate with finance to ensure terms and schedules are respected for supplier payments
- Responsible for coordination between program team to ensure supply chain is functioning and efficient
- Support in achieving custom clearance and importing regulations for International Cargo / Freight
- Develop comprehensive procurement documentation including tender documents and manage supplier selection process
- Establish a procurement follow up report to ensure timely processing of procurement orders
- Monitors and updates the procurement follow up tool for all bases to ensure procurement timelines are well respected.
- Work with all JPII staff to ensure smooth understanding adoption of procurement procedures
- Ensure compliance to procurement procedures across JPII mission and mitigate instances of fraud, collusion, and conflict of interest
- Ensure procurement documents and files are archived and organized according to JPII procedures to ensure effective organization and compliance for audits and reviews
- Input procurement data for Interim and final procurement reports in accordance to donor needs
- Work with HQ Procurement Unit and Country Coordination to prepare procurement documentation for internal and external audits
- Support coordination team as needed with any other procurement related tasks
- Prepare other reports for project needs as requested
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
- Support the administrative staff in preparation of employment contracts, follow up on the labour legislation, compilation of payroll and payment of related taxes
- Maintain employee records (attendance sheet, days of permissions or sickness etc.) according to policy and legal requirements
- Supports Beirut Office Coordinator in the optimization of the JPII fleet
- Complete and submits monthly Fuel and Fleet Reports to the administrative unit
- Conduct spot checks of log books and report any misuse or damages to the Program Coordinator
Asset/ Equipment Management
- Ensure the implementation of a streamlined asset/ equipment management system
- Ensure all assets/ equipment are correctly coded, logged and followed up in an asset database
- Ensure all assets are distributed and returned with signed handover sheets by use and country coordination
- Mange communication needs and follow up for all bases
- Distribute Sim for new staff
- Submit quarter asset/ equipment reports to the administrative Unit
Offices and Guesthouse Management
- Support the Office Coordinator to ensure the JPII offices and Guest Houses are well managed to ensure staff safety and comfort.
- Support the Office Coordinator to ensure the offices has necessary supplies and equipment and all items are well maintained.
- Ensure the regular management of the collection and payment of bills and other costs relating to offices and guesthouses.
- Visits the field on a monthly basis and holds regular meetings with program teams to ensure streamlined logistic function
- Work with the program team to ensure proper implementation of procurement, fleet, guesthouse and asset management
- Represent Logistic department at monthly coordination meetings
- Conduct inductions for staff on the entire Supply Chain Function
- Collate & review reports from all bases and submit to Manager and HQ procurement unit as needed
- Ensures team respects HR and Ethical standards