School Social Worker
Please send your CV to [email protected]. ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please mention the position “School Social Worker" in your email subject.
Recruitment shall be subject to open competition without regard to race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, and beliefs, and to political affiliation, social status, mother tongue and ethnic. Talents acquisition shall be made taking into account the importance of recruiting and maintaining a geographically diverse and gender-balanced workforce. JRS reserves the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once we receive high number of suitable applications.
At the heart of our efforts is our engagement with marginalised and displaced communities, especially with vulnerable adults and children. These groups are particularly at risk of sexual exploitation and abuse, and other forms of gender-based violence. JRS is committed to the protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Sexual Harassment (PSEAH) of all JRS beneficiaries by JRS personnel. JRS has zero tolerance towards all forms of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Sexual Harassment and takes seriously all concerns and complaints about SEAH by JRS personnel.
General Purpose of the position
The Social Worker is the Focal Point for Protection in JRS Jbeil – Nicolas Kluiter Centre. He/ She takes care of the psycho-social support for vulnerable groups. He/She reports to and coordinates with the Project Director.
Main Responsibilities of the Position
1.Protection Focal Point
- Takes special care of vulnerable and high risk children, adolescents, and adults among the people we serve.
- Provides basic counseling to less complex cases of high risk.
- Facilitates access and referral for cases of trauma and high-risk to competent professionals.
- Supports the Team in tasks related to all Protection Issues arising in Nicolas Kluiter Centre and in Outreach.
- Organizes a needs assessment of the people we serve.
- Elaborates an action plan, together with the Project Director, resulting from this needs assessment.
- Organizes support groups to assist the forcibly displaced persons in understanding, dealing with and coping with their situations, in collaboration with other staff members.
- Analyzes the needs of the forcibly displaced persons and suggest new initiatives to the Project Director.
Ensure prompt execution of other tasks which are within the ambit of the position which may be requested by the Project Director as needs occur.
Qualification & Competencies
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work or any other related field.
- At least 1 to 2 years of experience of working with children and casework, experience in working with refugees is a plus.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and team working skills.
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential.
- Fluency in Arabic is required.
Daleel Madani, the civil society network, serves as a platform for organisations to post their professional opportunities, but is not involved in the recruitment process. The hiring organisation is solely responsible for the job and candidate selection.
- Mount Lebanon
- Jbeil (Byblos)