Health Program Officer
Submit the CV and cover letter to [email protected].
Subject of email should be the position title "Health Program Officer" .
Electronic applications returned to an email address other than the one above will not be considered.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Program Officer will be responsible for assisting and providing support to the Programmes Manager in daily planning and implementations of Medication project.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Programme Development & Planning
- Participate in the preparation of strategic and operational plans designed to achieve the objectives of the project.
- Participate in the collection of data and information necessary to support the planning process.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of the Assistant Officers in the project/s.
- Carry out regular monitoring of the project’s field activities
- Participate in training needs assessments of project staff and partners, and planning and implementation of training activities. This will include coordinating training workshops, and where appropriate, delivering or facilitating specific sessions or topics.
- Prepare regular internal and external reports on specific areas of the project for which the post holder has direct responsibilities, and contribute to the production of the overall monthly, quarterly, annual and donor reports prepared by the Programme.
- Participate in review meetings and technical assessments, and in the identification and dissemination of lessons learnt from the project that can be used to inform and influence future work in Lebanon and in other countries.
- Participate in the identification of partners, development and monitoring of MOUs between Islamic Relief and partners.
- Working in close collaboration with other programme sectors, identify ways of maximizing links, sharing of experiences and lessons learnt.
- Ensure the integration of related activities in project work.
- Comply with all relevant Islamic Relief policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, security, equal opportunities, whistle blowing, and fraud policies.
- Undertake any other relevant duties as determined by the line manager following consultation with post holder.
Training and Technical Support
- Participate in the planning of the technical training programmes, including the design of individual courses and workshops.
- Participate in the development of the training materials and documentation required to deliver the programmes.
- Participate in the delivery of the technical training programmes. This will include delivering or facilitating specific sessions or topics and, where appropriate, coordinating a complete workshop.
- Participate in course/workshop reviews and in the preparation of training reports.
- Provide ongoing technical support and advice, mentoring and coaching to the recipients of the training (internal and external)
- Assist in building the capacity of district and local stakeholders and CBO partners
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Ensure that Field based staff carryout regular and proper monitoring of field activities to ensure quality of program delivery (use as a reference the project Monitoring and Evaluation plans).
- Jointly monitor programmes activities with stake holders
- Ensure that the monitoring and evaluation system is effectively used, including proper data collection, documentation, analysis, and storage.
- Participate in internal and external meetings to review the effectiveness of programmes implementation.
- Prepare regular weekly and monthly reports on the specific areas of the programmes for which the post holder has direct responsibility, including compilation of monthly reports for the overall operational area.
- Ensure the documentation of programmes learning initiatives and outcomes (case studies, photos, lessons learnt, success stories etc) with effective information management system for all reports and documentation
- Contribute to the production of the overall quarterly and annual reports as well as donor reports prepared by the programmes.
- Ensure that all work undertaken is child focused and contributes to the achievement of the programmes sector strategy objectives and outcome indicators
- Represent Islamic Relief at district level to district ministries and agencies, UN agencies, international and national NGOs and ensure that Islamic Relief’s work is coordinated with these bodies.
- Participate in and represent Islamic Relief in key task forces and coordination mechanisms within the health sector and other relevant sectors at district level.
- Undertake any training required to meet the objectives of the post.
- Ensure the Islamic Relief Child’s Protection Policy is understood by Health Program Officer and other health program team members, and, that it is integrated into all aspects of the project.
- Conduct periodic performance evaluations of supervisees as required by the organization and support them in their development needs.
- Undertake self-learning and identify your capacity building needs to help meet the objectives of the post.