Project Cycle Management Consultant -Islamic Relief Lebanon
Project Cycle Management Consultant
Terms of Reference
Islamic Relief Canada
Islamic Relief – Lebanon
“Islamic Relief believes that all children have a right to personal dignity and protection from abuse and it recognizes the special responsibility and duty of care it bears to create a safe environment for children within the projects and programs it manages and supports. The interests of child safety and protection should be paramount to any other interest which might compromise it”.
IRL is implementing a project in Beirut/bekaa/South Lebanon and Tripoli areas to strengthen community based protection mechanism within faith leader and social workers. Thus, IRL seeks to contract a consultant to give the “Project Cycle Management training” for 48 faith leaders and social workers
- Background and Problem Statement
For Islamic Relief, there is no greater priority than ensuring work has the greatest positive impact on those we served. Inspired by Islamic faith and guided by islamic values, IR envisages a caring world where communities are empowered to become agents of change, social obligations are fulfilled and people respond as one to the suffering of others. Children are the heart of every community, and have been at the core of Islamic Relief’s work over the past 34 years. In working with vulnerable children of all ages and abilities around the world, Islamic Relief takes seriously its responsibility to uphold the protection of children, uphold the rights of children and use Islamic teachings to provide safeguards to protect children from all forms of harm.
Since CoH for Child Protection is a innovative approach as one of the primary project models to complement CP national efforts, while also intentionally mobilizings and engaging faith leaders to address CP issues. IRL and WVL are working in collaberation to ensure both Christian and Muslim faith leaders are mobilized and equipped to address CP issues within their immediate communities in Lebanon.
- Objectives of the Consultancy
Islamic Relief Lebanon Office (IRL) is looking for an expert in “project cycle management” (PCM) with strong facilitation skills. The consultant’s main role is to deliver a basic two-day PCM training workshop, in 4 areas (Beirut,Bekaa/Saida/Tripoli) from the beginning of 2021 for participants who will be designing, implementing and monitoring small projects. The consultant will give feedback on each project design, in coordination with IRL.
Overall Required Tasks:
The consultant will prepare and present the training material on basic PCM, to be given to the project team. The participants then should be able to identify the needs of their communities and should be able to come up with small Protection project ideas, design, implement and monitor them.
Specific Required Tasks:
- Meet with IRL upon the signature of the agreement to discuss expectations and deliverables.
- Prepare for full two days PCM workshop for participants in four areas.
- Design the schedule of the workshop aligned with the course/content based on the needs of the team.
- Be available to provide remote support, if needed, along the way of project designs and plans.
- The workshop MUST be conducted in Arabic language (power point, materials…)
- Identify and assess the teachers to be engaged the active learning sessions.
- Assess and evaluate the team before and after using pre and post-test.
- Ensure a strict adherence to IRL Child Protection Policy, including respect for confidentiality and act in the best interests of the child.
- Hand materials used at the workshop to IRL (power point, videos…)
- Final report of the workshop content, participation and area plans
3-2-1 Report and Formulation of Recommendations
Following the review of the first set of deliverables to IRL and based on the satisfactory delivery, the consultant will provide a final Training Report in English with recommendations.
Consultant qualifications required:
- Education and/ or work experience in project management
- At least 3 years’ experience in teaching/consulting/ facilitating PCM trainings.
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills.
The consultant/ trainer will be evaluated against the following criteria: timeliness of the deliverables, clarity of presentations, responsibility, initiative and communication:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in a multi-cultural setting;
- Good analytical skills;
- A willingness to accept responsibility;
- The ability to priorities workload and work under pressure;
- Motivation and perseverance;
- The ability to communicate well with people, demonstrating empathy and reflection;
- Proposal Submission and Evaluation
The Technical Proposal shall clearly include, but not necessarily be limited to the following items:
- Introduction (including the consultant’s understanding of the required assignment)
- Qualifications and relevant experience of the consultant (attach CVs of proposed person)
- Proposed approach and methodology for conducting the assignment with preliminary time schedule submission and Evaluation of Technical Proposal
6-1 Submission and Evaluation of Financial Proposal
- The financial proposal shall show all the direct costs related to the training days duration, while other operational costs such as transportation, communications, etc. can be implicitly included.
- Please use the following table, and do NOT add any additional budget lines, to facilitate evaluating and comparing the financial offers.
Unit Cost (LBP)
Total Cost (LBP)
Training workshop duration is 2 days for 4 times.
6-2 Proposal submission
- The consultant shall submit Technical and Financial Proposals in a package containing two separate envelopes as follows.
- The first envelope must be marked “TECHNICAL PROPOSAL” and shall contain one original hard copy of the technical proposal.
- The second envelope must be marked “FINANCIAL PROPOSAL” and shall contain one original hard copy of the financial proposal.
- All offers shall be signed.
- No financial information shall be contained in the Technical Proposal otherwise the offer will be cancelled and excluded from the evaluation process.
- The consultant shall not be entitled to compensation related to costs of preparing the proposals.
How to apply
Proposals shall be submitted on 25/01/2021 at 1:00 PM in the tender box at the following address:-
Islamic Relief Lebanon, logistic and procurement department
AL sanayea – AL Zarif – Tawfik Tabbara center 8th floor
Email: [email protected]Expired