Human Resources Intern
Interested candidates please apply on the following link: Human Resources Intern Application Form
Any application submitted through email will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you.
INTERSOS is a non-profit humanitarian aid organisation that works to bring assistance to people in danger, victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Established in 1992 with support from the Italian Federation of Trade Unions, its actions are based on the values of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities for all people and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and the unprotected.
INTERSOS identifies with the core values of CONCORD, the European Confederation of NGOs; it adheres to international codes of conduct for humanitarian organisations and the values and principles expressed within those codes. INTERSOS is recognised by the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the European Commission and the principal UN agencies; it is privileged to hold an advisory status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
INTERSOS is an independent association which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world's poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralised offices.
Job title : Human Resources Intern
Reports to : Human Resources Officer
Duty station : North, Lebanon
Position type : Intern
The HR Intern works in close collaboration with the HR Assistant to learn and support on the basic HR administrative tasks.
- Assist in the recruitment process; download and shortlist CVs, conduct pre-screening, contact candidates for interviews and assessments, administer tests, send regret emails, etc..
- Follow up with the new joiners on list of documents & set up employee files.
- Assist in the filing system for HR files such as employee files, recruitment documents, performance appraisals.
- Support in preparing employees’ work certificates upon request.
- Follow up on administrative procedures for staff NSSF documents in close coordination with HR team.
- Support in the exit administrative procedures, such as documents to be signed and HR belongings to be handed.
- Support in the attendance of the staff through collecting the attendance sheets and updating the leave balance.
- Support in preparing the ID badges for the new joiners.
- Support in updating the contact list.
- Student or recent graduate in Human Resources or related field.
Competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities)
- 0-1 year of relevant work experience in related field
- Good understanding of the humanitarian context
- Proficiency in MS office
- High level of integrity and transparency
- Very good communication skills
- Good level of planning and organizing
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Cultural Awareness
- Humanitarian motivation and commitment to INTERSOS values
- Respect of Intersos policies and procedures
- North Lebanon