Community and Communications Manager
Who can apply:
This position is open to women, trans, and intersex from the MENA region who have a strong commitment to feminist intersectional politics.
How to apply:
Please submit to [email protected], with “Community and Communications Manager” as the subject line:
- a cover letter
- a CV
- two references
- an example of an online or offline campaign you have worked on, if applicable
Completed applications must be received by Wednesday, May 22, 2019, by 11:59pm EEST time.
We will review applications after the deadline. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on the week of May 27, 2019, with the starting date being June 3, 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Overview of Kohl and IKP:
Kohl: a Journal for Body and Gender Research كحل: مجلة لأبحاث الجسد و الجندر is a progressive journal on gender and sexuality in the Middle East, South West Asia and North Africa region. It is the main publication of Intersectional Knowledge Publishers. Kohl and IKP are feminist platforms that work towards the indivisibility of justice through discourse-making. We focus on feminist knowledge in the MENA and transnationally through publishing, translation, conferences, workshops, as well as community and movement building.
For more information, you can visit our website at www.kohljournal.press
Overview of the position:
The Community and Communications Manager is a full-time position and plays a key role in the content creation, management, and distribution of Kohl and IKP’s publications and events. In addition to conveying their ethos through online communication and outreach strategies, the Community and Communications Manager is responsible of implementing offline strategies to promote our work to the public and anchor it in local movements. As the first point of contact for our audiences, the Community and Communications Manager will develop professional and personal relationships with our funders as well as the communities and movements we are part of, and be responsible of improving the public engagement with our content.
The Community and Communications Manager reports to the Editor in Chief.
- Creates and implements a communications and outreach strategy, online and offline.
- Broadens the audiences of Kohl and IKP.
- Manages all social media platforms and creates new ones.
- Manages the websites and uploads new content.
- Creates and manages all communication content, such as mailing list, newsletters, social media posts and messages, posters, flyers, etc.
- Documents events and shares proceedings and communication material, including image and video content.
- Manages relationship and communications with funders.
- Builds relationships with audiences through online and offline presence.
- Contributes to anchoring Kohl and IKP’s work in community and movement building, and feminist organizing.
- Stays up-to-date with significant dates and deadlines for communications.
- Monitors, tracks, and reports online and offline engagement and trends.
- Coordinates with the team
Competencies and skills:
- Strong commitment to gender justice, sexual and bodily rights, and feminism.
- Knowledge of the MENA region’s challenges and landscape in relation to issues of gender and sexuality.
- Part of feminist communities and movements in the MENA and ability to engage with movement building.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Strong organizing skills offline and online.
- Excellent knowledge of social media and other online platforms, including new platforms and trends.
- Ability to work in a team and with audiences.
- Ability to interpret online traffic.
- Good design skills.
- Graphic Design skills.
- Knowledge of image and video editing software.
- Strong online media presence.
- Knowledge of French.
- Knowledge of sister initiatives, university programs, and grassroots movements in relevant fields in the MENA.