Procurement Officer - North
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Please submit your application before 01 June 2023 on https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/42112?c=rescue
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications by email will NOT be considered.
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life‐changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Job Overview/Summary: Working under the supervision of the Procurement Manager based in Beirut with travel to IRC Lebanon program field sites as required, the Procurement Officer is a key position within Supply Chain and carries responsibility for the integrity of the IRC procurement system. Procurement Officer must be able to rapidly procure program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit‐compliant records.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide procurement services for IRC Lebanon as required.
- Implement and / or maintain standard IRC Lebanon procurement policies and procedures and ensure that procurement is carried out in accordance to IRC Lebanon and donor‐specific polices.
- Attend procurement committee meetings.
- Coordinate with Finance, Admin and program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
- Ensure that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained; generating bids analysis and Purchase Orders and Payment requests.
- Routinely communicate, coordinate and plan with the relevant requesting staff / programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- Ensure that all supplies, services and equipment required are delivered in time.
- Establish and maintain ethical and professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Maintain supplier information for regularly purchased items and be informed of current local market conditions.
- Support and provide appropriate trainings for procurement and program staff as required.
- Advise the Procurement Manager of procurement‐specific issues or improvements.
- Be a part of MSA/MPA procedure.
- Anticipate Market study process for Agreement extension.
- Procurement plan reviewing.
- Manage the sourcing strategy in procurement Team for all items & services.
- Be a focal point of a field program, some agreements (MSA/MPA) & partners.
- Update all related procurement trackers.
- Visit fields on weekly basis for procurement tasks.
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by Senior Procurement Manager.
- Generate and / or maintain an IRC Pre‐qualified Vendor database.
- Generate and / or maintain a comprehensive price list for goods, services and equipment purchased by IRC.
- Produce routine purchase status reports for Procurement Manager, Programs and Finance.
- Update Donor requirement & follow up closing grants PRs.
- Execute PRs in a timely manner and based on SOPs.
- Update PRTS report on weekly basis.
- Follow up payment tracking sheet.
- Issue a new report for payment lead-time.
- Update Procurement reports (assigned by SPM & PM).
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Field Procurement Manager
- Dotted-Line to: Senior Procurement Manager
- Position directly supervises: N/A
- Indirect Reporting:
- Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Supply chain team, Finance Team, Programs team
- External: Service providers, Suppliers, Partners
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a member of a team essential.
- Must be computer literate, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- INGO experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate in English and write clear and concise reports in English strongly preferred
- Fluency in Arabic required.
- Knowledge of generic procurement procedures and practices (IRC or NGO experience advantageous).
- Familiarity with major donor and local regulations / laws advantageous.
- Three years’ work experience in procurement.
- Problem solving.
- Competent in spoken and written English.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Analytical thinking.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi‐task.
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communicator.
- Time oriented.
Working Environment: The position will be based in the North with frequent field travel sites.
- North Lebanon