Grants Manager (Beirut) - FOR NATIONAL CANDIDATES ONLY
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Please submit your application before July 14, 2020 on https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/8998?c=rescue
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We will be moving on a rolling basis.
Applications by email will NOT be considered.
Based in Beirut, with some travel to other regions where IRC projects are implemented, this position will be a strong part of the grants unit. Reporting to the Grants Coordinator, this position will work closely with sector heads, finance, and operations on compliance, donor regulations, reporting, and business development. In addition, this role will work alongside the Partnership unit to ensure that grant specific needs are being met by partners.
- Help to ensure that IRC grants contracts in Lebanon are well-administered and implemented in compliance with the relevant donor regulations and IRC procedures.
- Take the lead on internal and external reporting with programs and finance, ensuring high-quality, well-written and timely reports meeting donor and IRC requirements. Maintain close collaboration with all relevant departments in preparation of donor reports.
- Work closely with Partnership colleagues to ensure forward planning and preparation for donor report writing, adherence with IRC-NY and IRC-UK requirements and timelines, and timely submission of sub-grantee reports.
- Ensure quality information management related to grants by overseeing the regular maintenance of reporting calendars, and updating of internal IRC documentation and Grant Unit tools.
New Business Development:
- Be involved in program design workshops as requested by Grants Coordinator for new business development opportunities with relevant program and field staff.
- Engage with senior management to address any issues during the proposal development process.
- Work with Grants Officer to ensure proposals are tracked with standard IRC tracking tools (e.g. FM01, OTIS).
- Help to manage responses to business development opportunities, including coordination of inputs from Coordinators and the review process by HQ.
- Assist in compiling and editing budgets and ensure communication and coordination between all departments (finance, programs, and operations) in drafting of budgets.
- Assist Grants Coordinator in donor liaison and communication as requested.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Assist Grants Coordinator in running monthly grant monitoring meetings to ensure that grants are implemented in compliance with the IRC and relevant donor regulations and to ensure strong financial management proper operational openings and closings of grants, and monitoring and evaluation of programmatic progress. Support the follow-up to action points from these meetings.
- Contribute to the development of strong data collection and monitoring and evaluation plans within each proposal, including well-designed logframes, indicators and beneficiary counting, and ensure that project indicators are reported on as required.
- Conduct monitoring visits to field locations to observe and understand the progress of project implementation, security protocols permitting.
- Organize and facilitate grants meetings to be held in the field.
- Maintain a broad and deep understanding of donor policies, regulations, and procedures and build this knowledge among grants team members.
- Proactively identify compliance risks throughout the portfolio and advise programs, operations, finance and senior management on necessary actions.
- Assist program technical leads and operations staff with understanding the reporting and other compliance requirements on their grants.
- Build grant management capacity of field staff by assisting Grants Coordinator in trainings, and providing support in report writing, proposal development, budget management, indicator tracking, IRC-specific tools, and other topics as/if needed.
- Keep documentation of institutional knowledge and program activities in coordination with relevant sector supervisors and coordinators.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Grants Coordinator
Position directly supervises: NA
Indirect Reporting: NA
Other Internal and/or external contacts: describe the nature of departments or groups the position influences or requires support from to accomplish objectives.
Internal: The Grants Manager will work to coordinate grants meetings and review/submission of documents to IRC HQ or donors with Program units, Supply Chain, Finance and HR, as well as the senior management team and work closely with the Partnership team to ensure reporting and grant-specific requirements are being met by partners
External: The Grants Manager may be asked to support the Grants Coordinator in liaising with donors or local NGO partners as needed.
Education: BA or Masters in relevant discipline
Work Experience: At least two years prior professional experience in a similar post (preferably NGO or UN agency)
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Two years international work experience in relief or development programs; regional and IRC experience preferred.
- Demonstrated successful experience developing projects for public and private donors.
- Demonstrable understanding of project planning and management cycles.
- Demonstrable high-level performance management and team-working skills, with experience in managing multiple donors.
- Previous experience in working with European and US public donors.
- Ability to work well under unstable security, administrative, and programmatic pressures.
- Very strong verbal, written and editing skills.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in Word and Excel.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements.
Language Skills: Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic
Certificates or Licenses: NA
Working Environment: Standard office work environment with trips to the field to visit program activities.