PwSN Senior Case Worker
To apply, qualified applicants should follow the link below:
No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please don’t wait for the last date to apply, as IOCC might start interviews before the deadline. Preferable that candidate resides in the areas of concern. IOCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a professional and diverse workforce.
IOCC has a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of beneficiaries and staff. Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct, that enshrines principles of PSEA, always (both during working hours and outside work hours). Familiarization with, and adherence to, the Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all staff, in addition to related mandatory training. All staff must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Persons with Specific Needs (PwSN) Senior case worker is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the PwSN component at IOCC. He /She will coordinate the activities of the case workers, provide guidance when needed, and ensure that the case management services provided are efficient and responsive to the needs of the Forcibly displaced and stateless people.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
The Senior Case Worker oversees the implementation of the PwSN activities and supports the PwSN team with the case management services. The senior case worker will liaise with the donor and different stakeholders to ensure smooth coordination is maintained through effective communication, clear documentation, and timely reporting. The senior case worker will be handling an equal delegation of tasks between the PwSN team to ensure a positive and motivating working environment. Field activities will also be conducted to ensure an optimal implementation of activities and to guarantee adherence to the internal implementation plan. Moreover, the senior case worker will ensure proper documentation and filing in compliance with data protection protocol.
He/She will be also responsible for the following:
- Supervise and manage the work of the PwSN team to ensure prompt and quality response.
- Build the capacity of the PwSN team when needed and participate in the recruitment and staff evaluation process.
- Equally delegate tasks to the case workers and ensure a timely and quality response.
- Monitor field activities ensuring the implementation of the internal implementation plan.
- Maintain a good relationship with donors and stakeholders in Akkar and North Lebanon.
- Ensure the provision of emergency cash assistance for the most vulnerable beneficiaries, according to their needs, following the internal procedures.
- Ensure timely reporting of the activities to the project Coordinator.
- Ensure full reporting on RAIS.
- Ensure timely follow up -monitoring and review (weekly, monthly).
- Ensure the implementation of the comprehensive approach by coordinating internally with different departments and components.
- Stay up to date with the available services internally and externally and liaise with IOCC’s social workers to ensure complementarity of services.
- Report frequently to the Project coordinator on all updates, targets, and project progress and draft monthly and quarterly field and progress reports on targets and project performance.
- Conduct initial assessments, when necessary and as support to case workers, through home visits, to identify the persons with specific needs/or extremely vulnerable persons who require health and protection individual case management and ensuring timely intervention on referrals.
- Provide comprehensive case management to persons with specific needs with heightened risk levels, including home visits, counseling sessions with proper case planning and tracking, following the interagency SOPs.
- Maintain overall responsibility for supporting the beneficiaries through all the steps of case management (i.e., Health, Protection).
- Ensure all supporting documents are being collected and filed properly.
- Maintain a smooth and clear internal referral pathway.
- Ensure the filing system is up-to-date and filed as per data protection protocols and SOPs.
- Participate in internal and external meetings and training including case management meetings, protection unit updates, case conference meetings or any other meetings when required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA):
- Work experience: 2 years, preferably with NGOs
- Knowledge of CM process, principles, and standards
- Contextual awareness
- Highly empathic in dealing with beneficiaries
- Knowledge of archiving system and case management info management
- Computer skills: good command of Word and Excel
- Excellent knowledge of Protection principles and of PSEA
- Excellent communication skills, including active listening.
- Good organizational skills
- At least 4-5 years’ work experience
- Previous experience in NGO, and humanitarian field is an advantage.
- Previous experience in managing a team.
Office-based position with frequent visits to the field.
Daleel Madani, the civil society network, serves as a platform for organisations to post their professional opportunities, but is not involved in the recruitment process. The hiring organisation is solely responsible for the job and candidate selection.
- North Lebanon