SVN2023 40 - Operations Clerk (Field Support) - G3
Please send your CV and Cover Letter by email and mention the position name in the title.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). IOM is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. IOM has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and sexual harassment. Successful candidates will be subject to mandatory UN Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Sexual Harassment clearance check prior to receiving an offer.
*Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Under the direct supervision of the Movement Operations Officer and monitoring of Team Leader, Field Support, the Operations Clerk (Field Support) is responsible for supporting movement operations activities in the field, with the following duties and responsibilities:
Support field activities in an assigned area or areas, such as at an airport, transit center, third-party facility, camp-based operation or Sub-Office, or in relation to transportation.
2. Support Operations Assistants and Team Leaders as they perform airport services, including assisting with baggage, walking with groups of individuals within the airport, assisting with roll call, and collecting and distributing food and water and other supplies as directed, communicating individual requests to Operations Assistants as they are made.
3. Support Operations Assistants and supervisors as they assist individuals arriving to transit centers or third-party facilities with sign-in, verification of identity, orientation, food items, non-food items and room assignments, and support the coordination of departures for medical appointments, return transportation to home cities or camps or onward travel. Provide support as needed in relation to supplies, information dissemination and activity and appointment coordination.
4. Support Operations Assistants and supervisors as they provide individuals in camps, transit centers or third-party facilities with pre-departure formalities by undertaking such tasks as assisting with roll-call, handling, tagging and sorting luggage and distributing items.
5. Support Operations Assistants as they escort individuals via ground and/or water transportation, including assisting with baggage, talking with ground transportation providers and accompanying groups on transportation.
6. Provide selection mission support, exit permit support and/or interpretation services for individuals at the airport, transit centers, camps and third-party facilities or in relation to transportation.
7. Provide regular feedback on work being accomplished to the Operations Assistant (Team Leader) and/or supervisors and team members and keep supervisors immediately informed of any issues requiring their attention.
8. Demonstrate a general understanding of relevant Movement Operations SOPs, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with migrants and colleagues per the IOM Code of Conduct and instruction on the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
9. Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the Operations Assistant (Team Leader) or management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
10. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Prior Movement Operations or transportation experience is a strong advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following skills, values and competencies:
Basic knowledge of Word, Excel and the internet. Solid communication skills.
VALUES - All IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
CORE COMPETENCIES - Behavioural indicators – Level 1
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.